EM1 - arrived today

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Petrus61, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Petrus61

Petrus61 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    London
    Hi All, been a avid reader of the forum since I bought an EM5 last year - just picked up an EM1 - wow fun........
    anyone know how to name it...when I plug my camera into my computer /aperture is idintifies it as "no name" how do I name it?

havong played with it for a couple of hours I really like the set up - easier to use than the em5 - buttons better placed and more flexibility - really happy with the few snaps I took in complete darkness:eek:

2. shrimp123

shrimp123 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    i assume the no-name is the SDCARD's name. format it with a name and it should show up as named cutie

now u r making me jealous.

3. kevin828

kevin828 New to Mu-43

Sep 27, 2013
    SoCal, US
    How about the IQ coompared to EM5? Should be similar I guess.

4. mf100

mf100 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Sawbridgeworth, England
    Matthew
    You've got yours already! In the UK I've been told I have to wait until November - how depressing.

5. Petrus61

Petrus61 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    London
    I was surprised as well when I got "the call" - haven't had much time to play but I think the image quality is better - the focusing is better ( at least for me) precise - I used to have problems with front/back focus - thats seems to be eliminated - really happy - getting used to the button positions which i think work well.

will try and take a walk tomorrow.....

6. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    I got the call from my local dealer. Wasn't expecting anything for a few weeks. I had gotten rid of my E-M5 a while ago. Picked up the E-M1 and black 75mm f1.8. Battery is still charging. Waiting...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.