1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM-5 wont' turn on, stuck plastic cover over sensor

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hrsy1234, Sep 28, 2014.

1. hrsy1234

hrsy1234 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2013
    East London
    Hello

Today my EM-5 has stopped turning on. The shutter is locked. When I turn the camera on, it makes a clicking noise. Has anyone seen this before?

Removing batteries, removing cards, changing lenses, batteries, has not helped.

I have searched the forum but have found no previous issues similar to this (or I am searching for the wrong thing).

Has anyone encountered this before? I am trying to upload a photo of it, but the hotel wifi I am currently on is pretty poor. I will update this post once I have managed to upload a photo.

Photo:

wjDDgUs.

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    What kind of plastic cover? Your shutter may be stuck, worth posting a picture.

3. hrsy1234

hrsy1234 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2013
    East London
    That may be it, I don't know what the shutter looks like?! I have added a photo to the original post.

OK edit - this is it, the shutter is locked - matches the photos in this post:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3206770?page=2

Does anyone have any tips for this? There is no display on the screen or EVF. The camera makes an audible clicking noise with lenses attached, and a very very slight one without a lens attached.

The only time a display does show up is when I connect it via USB to my machine. I get the normal Storage / MTP / Print / Exit option.

4. randyspan

randyspan Mu-43 Veteran

May 24, 2014
    New Hampshire, USA
    Randy Spann
    Yes the shutter is jammed. Happened on my M10. Send in to Olympus for repair. 3 week turn around.

• Like Like x 1