EM-5 wont' turn on, stuck plastic cover over sensor

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hrsy1234, Sep 28, 2014.

1. hrsy1234

hrsy1234 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2013
    East London
    Hello

Today my EM-5 has stopped turning on. The shutter is locked. When I turn the camera on, it makes a clicking noise. Has anyone seen this before?

Removing batteries, removing cards, changing lenses, batteries, has not helped.

I have searched the forum but have found no previous issues similar to this (or I am searching for the wrong thing).

Has anyone encountered this before? I am trying to upload a photo of it, but the hotel wifi I am currently on is pretty poor. I will update this post once I have managed to upload a photo.

Photo:

wjDDgUs.jpg

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    What kind of plastic cover? Your shutter may be stuck, worth posting a picture.

3. hrsy1234

hrsy1234 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2013
    East London
    That may be it, I don't know what the shutter looks like?! I have added a photo to the original post.

OK edit - this is it, the shutter is locked - matches the photos in this post:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3206770?page=2

Does anyone have any tips for this? There is no display on the screen or EVF. The camera makes an audible clicking noise with lenses attached, and a very very slight one without a lens attached.

The only time a display does show up is when I connect it via USB to my machine. I get the normal Storage / MTP / Print / Exit option.

4. randyspan

randyspan Mu-43 Veteran

May 24, 2014
    New Hampshire, USA
    Randy Spann
    Yes the shutter is jammed. Happened on my M10. Send in to Olympus for repair. 3 week turn around.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.