EM-5 with WiFi card for remote control?

TassieFig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Is it possible to control the EM-5 remotely with a WiFi SD card and an android (or apple) app?

What I'm after is nothing fancy just the basics controls like shutter, aperture, speed etc.

If it's possible, does anyone have any experience to share?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Is it possible to control the EM-5 remotely with a WiFi SD card and an android (or apple) app?

What I'm after is nothing fancy just the basics controls like shutter, aperture, speed etc.

If it's possible, does anyone have any experience to share?

Sorry, but the only thing the WiFi SD card & also PenPal WiFi can do for the E-M5 is transfer your images to another device.

TassieFig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for the info. Pretty useless for me then.

Am I right to assume it's possible to remote control cameras with built-in WiFi like EM-1 and EM-10?

edit: I just found a few videos on youtube showing this to be so. So, I'm now eagerly awaiting the EM-5 mk II :cool:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Thanks for the info. Pretty useless for me then.

Am I right to assume it's possible to remote control cameras with built-in WiFi like EM-1 and EM-10?

edit: I just found a few videos on youtube showing this to be so. So, I'm now eagerly awaiting the EM-5 mk II :cool:

The same WiFi control is used on the Oly Stylus 1 as well & also the PEN E-P5 was upgraded in its firmware to match that of the others.

thenextpage

Mu-43 Veteran
@TassieFig; I've been using this device for remote shutter release on my EM5, and it's great for what it does. You can take a single or rapid multi frame with it. Unfortunately it's not able to control aperture, shutter speed for focus. But if you just want to have a nice inexpensive remote shutter release, this is the best performing and least expensive option I've found:

Model: Pixel RW-221/UC1
http://www.amazon.com/Pixel-RW-221-UC1-Wireless-OLYMPUS/dp/B004DO19M2

TassieFig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes I've been contemplating a remote shutter release but I really wanted more control without adding extra gadgets. I guess it's not gonna happen (with the EM-5) though so might look into these remote releases. Thanks for the heads up on the Pixel, it's cheap enough for sure.

evilmeta

Mu-43 Veteran
Problem with TT is that you need two devices to enable wireless triggering...otherwise you're stuck with an iPhone in the end of a wire attached to your camera...not ideal. I too would love wifi in my em-5. But it's great for everything else, so I'll stick with it til it dies and I have an actual reason to get the em-1!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

TassieFig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Agree with evilnim...TT is not what I'm looking for. I want wireless, with as few extra gadgets as possible.

I love the EM-5 and wont upgrade to EM-1. Too big for me. Very curious about the EM-5 mk II though...

Latest threads

Top Bottom