EM-5 USB download cable

peterpix

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter Randal
Can't find mine so I can't upgrade. Tried the cheap ones on Ebay but camera does not recognize the computer when attached. Anyone had a spare they want to sell? Loan?
Thanks

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
But that won't work for the firmware upgrade. You need a direct connection to the computer.
Are you sure? I'm no expert on this, but I seem to recall an option to load the FW onto a card, then upload it to the camera...though I could be mistaken.

peterpix

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter Randal
thanks for comments. i did get cheap ones from amazon, but neither worked. get a notice saying "unable to connect."

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Are you sure? I'm no expert on this, but I seem to recall an option to load the FW onto a card, then upload it to the camera...though I could be mistaken.
Doesn't work - which is IMHO a very poor choice by Olympus, but that's the (only) way it works with Olympus m4/3 cameras (no idea whether other Olys update by the more conventional method).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom