1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EM-5 Touch Screen Shooting Mode

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mr_Chip, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Mr_Chip

Mr_Chip New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Chip
    I have one issue with my EM-5 that drives me crazy. I want the touch screen shooting mode to be "tap to focus on subject", but even after I set it, it seems to randomly return to "tap to focus and release shutter".

Is there any way to lock it to a mode so that it won't change? I have looked at the manual several times but I hope I am missing something.

Thanks.

Chip

2. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    There should be a small yellow and black icon on left side of display that toggles touch to focus, touch to focus and shoot and touch off.

You're probably accidentally hitting this making it seem random.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I've had that problem as well. It usually comes about when I want to focus on something that is on the left side of the screen. Is there a way to "hide" that icon?

4. Mr_Chip

Mr_Chip New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Chip
    I have tried changing the screen so the icons are not there but it still seems to change on its own. I will have to pay closer attention and see if I am possibly hitting it, but it just seems odd to me that I could hit it so precisely in one spot without realizing it as often as it occurs.

Thanks for the reply.

Chip