EM-5 settings

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jdp, May 12, 2012.

1. jdp

jdp Mu-43 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    I have been a Canon 50D user and have recently got the EM-5 12-50mm kit. I have tried to set up the camera using recommendations from a couple of online guides and am pretty happy with the way it works now but would like to change the way a photo is displayed after it is taken. Is there a way to have the photo not displayed on the EVF after it is taken but instead displayed on the rear OLED for a few seconds?

John

2. sadaniel

sadaniel New to Mu-43

May 12, 2012
    Im not sure how ur EM5 settings are but here's mine.

1) You can only preview the photo you just took on the rear screen if you permanently ON the rear display or set it to AUTO (see no. 3). if ure taking photos through the EVF with the rear screen permanently off. the preview will only shows on the EVF. Play around with this settings by pressing the small button on the right side of the EVF.

2) In SETUP MENU (the one with the wrench symbol). I set REC VIEW to AUTO. This will preview the photo ure taking until u press the shutter again to take next photos.

3) In BUILT-IN EVF menu. I set EVF AUTO SWITCH to ON. I can still have my OLED screen on and automatically switch on the EVF (switch off the OLED screen) if im looking through the EVF.