EM-5 Online Manual

Vivalo

Olympus loser
There seems to be 3D photo option too in E-M5. Is that available in the third PEN generation already?

Sioe

New to Mu-43
Wow, according to the manual, the hook on flash comes included with the EM5?

nueces snapper

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have next to zero patience for reading bad japanese camera manuals. Maybe someone at the other end of the scale will chime in and let us know if this manual is what we are used to from Olympus. :smile:

thinkcooper

Mu-43 Veteran
I went through the EM5 manual and it is pretty much exactly the level of detail included in the EP3 and EPL2 manuals.

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes, it's the same style as the EPL1 manual.
In the world of manuals, I do not find the Olympus camera manuals bad.
I've only used the EPL1 but by the looks of it I could just get up and go with the EM5, it all seems very familiar.

Mu-43 Legend
My only issue with Oly manuals is the new EPM1 has a dumbed-down paper manual, and I had to go get the digital full manual, which is not as helpful when you are not near an e-device. I hope the EM5 has the full paper manual in the box.

recasper

Mu-43 Regular
I love customizing my camera to function how I want it to function. But after reading endless spec sheets, news breaks, discussions and gear previews, I realized there are limitations on what action can or can not be associated with each of the custom buttons.

So since I could not find a clear comparison chart, I thought I'd throw together a quick reference table of each customizable action a user can assign to the respective Fn, Record and arrow buttons on the OM-D.

Thought someone besides myself would be interested. ;-)

OM-D-Function-Cheat-Sheet.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If this table is lacking any information, please let me know and I will adjust accordingly. The information was gathered from DPreview.

The original image was posted here:
RE Casper - Olympus OM-D E-M5 Custom Button Cheat Sheet

Allan Ostling

Mu-43 Rookie
Eye Priority AF

The E-M5 does things my E-P2 never thought of. Not only can you select Face Priority AF, you can fine tune this to select which eye to focus on: (1) eye closest to the camea, (2) left eye, or (3) right eye.

In iAuto there are Live Guides (with sliders) accessible on the touch screen. The Manual, however, does not describe these in detail, so we will have to wait until we get the camera in hand.

Latest threads

Top Bottom