1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM-5 - I'm back to waiting...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jumbotron, May 29, 2012.

1. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've was wrestling with pulling the trigger on buying this body until yesterday, when I found a brand new silver body while calling around at the end of the day. Was told that an order just came into the warehouse and that all of them had deposits on them except one, so I snagged it and was told that they would call me as soon as it arrived at the store.

Spent the night deciding on what primes I'd keep and which bodies I'd sell

Fast forward to this morning ---> the phone rings, the camera is in the store and I'm out the door.

I'm driving about 5 minutes from the store, the phone rings (kids don't talk n drive) and there was a mix-up. Another sales person had taken a deposit yesterday before me and didn't mark the camera in the system.

Grrrrrrrrrr

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I would've kept driving there said I'm here with my money, this is the only chance you've got to get it (and keep my business). Tell the other customer there was a mix-up, first come first serve with these damn things at this point as far as I'm concerned!

3. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    The day just keeps getting better. Spending my camera money this Thursday on a root canal.

Wish I was joking.

4. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I purchased my EM5 from a user of this forum. They're not too hard to find if you look around.

5. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I'm not so sure of that. I finally threw in the towel after calling just about every reputable dealer I could look up as a legitimate Olympus dealer. NONE had anything so much as associated with the M5 in stock nor coming in that wasn't already spoken for. So I caved last week and placed my order and pre paid with **********. They seem to have a good reputation for delivering in a short period. I just had to get in a short line. Not interested in waiting a month. 2 weeks would be painful at this point. They were pretty much thinking it would be THIS week so we'll see. On Thursday I'll be hounding them that's for sure. Also ordered the grip, 45mm f1.8 and the M Zuiko 75-300 and FL-600R flash. Sure hope they can come through. I already got delivery on the screen protector from Amazon and have a nice bag waiting :-(

6. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    My condolences.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shuttertherapy

shuttertherapy Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Just curious, which model did you order? I ordered a silver body last Thursday from **********. When I contacted Joel today he couldn't get me a straight answer on shipments. He just said a shipment is coming at the end of the week.

8. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I ordered last Wednesday paying for everything in advance. Joel said he got a few in last Friday when I called but more expected this week. I too ordered the silver 16-50 kit. If it doesn't come by Friday so I can get it for Saturday delivery I may have to cancel. We'll see. I just don't have very good patience and prefer definite answers to maybes. What's killing me is the daily "just got my OMD today" posts I keep seeing from all over not just one or two vendors. It's getting old.

9. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Root canal went better that I could have imagine. The tooth was dead and I didn't feel a thing. Decided to man-up and bought an EP3 earlier this week and then the phone rang this morning and my silver Em5 arrived.

What organs are going to yield the best return?

:)

10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hearts, you willing to travel?

11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I picked one up off Craig's List, it was NIB (not only NIB but was still in the unopened UPS box). Paid the same as if purchased in a brick & motar store.

Gary

12. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    No delivery :)