EM-5 focus point question

mievil

Mu-43 Regular
I know this is a pretty stupid question that has been asked before. I did search, but couldn't really find what I was after.

I just got my camera back from Olympus taking advantage of the free sensor cleaning. I swear when I got it back, there were more than 9 focus points. And I seem to remember getting more after the last firmware update beginning of this year.

I got in messing with the menu, and I seem to have changed it to the big focus points. Then after that the best I can get is 9 small focus points.

It is highly possible that I am hallucinating here.

Is the max we have for focus resolution size 9 small focus points? For some reason I was thinking it was like 20 or 30 small ones which were all connected, not the 9 with gaps in between.

Again, sorry for the dumb question, I just feel like I screwed something up.

mievil

Mu-43 Regular
OK, I looked at Thomas's page and I see that I should be able to get 35 focus points on the EM5, which is definitely what I remember. But I can only get a maximum of 9. I can get to "left/info/autofocus size" but if I change to the small max, it only shows 9 actual points on the screen. Sigh.

mievil

Mu-43 Regular
Disregard all. I just did a factory reset and got what I wanted. Dunno what I clicked on that broke everything, but full reset fixed it.

Nuke this thread please.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom