EM-5 focus point question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mievil, Sep 14, 2014.

1. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    I know this is a pretty stupid question that has been asked before. I did search, but couldn't really find what I was after.

I just got my camera back from Olympus taking advantage of the free sensor cleaning. I swear when I got it back, there were more than 9 focus points. And I seem to remember getting more after the last firmware update beginning of this year.

I got in messing with the menu, and I seem to have changed it to the big focus points. Then after that the best I can get is 9 small focus points.

It is highly possible that I am hallucinating here.

Is the max we have for focus resolution size 9 small focus points? For some reason I was thinking it was like 20 or 30 small ones which were all connected, not the 9 with gaps in between.

Again, sorry for the dumb question, I just feel like I screwed something up.

2. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    OK, I looked at Thomas's page and I see that I should be able to get 35 focus points on the EM5, which is definitely what I remember. But I can only get a maximum of 9. I can get to "left/info/autofocus size" but if I change to the small max, it only shows 9 actual points on the screen. Sigh.

3. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    Disregard all. I just did a factory reset and got what I wanted. Dunno what I clicked on that broke everything, but full reset fixed it.

Nuke this thread please.