1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EM-5 and the Panny 45-175?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by walks_in_clouds, Dec 14, 2012.

1. walks_in_clouds

walks_in_clouds New to Mu-43

Dec 14, 2012
    I'm the new owner of an EM-5 and the 12-50 kit lens, and so far I'm very pleased with the duo's performance. I'm a backpacker and bought the camera to make a visual record of planned through-hikes of the three major US trails and Scotland's West Highland Way, so its small size, light weight and weather-sealing made the purchase a no-brainer. However, I'm going to need telephoto capability, and the size, weight and internal focusing of the Panny 45-175 are appealing. Does anyone know if blurring/double-edginess when paired with the EM-5 is an issue with the current release of this lens? Thanks.

2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Haven't had any problems with the combo. It's a great lens--tiny, doesn't extend when zoomed, reasonably sharp throughout the range. I think it would be a great backpacking lens if you needed a telephoto.

3. tweggs

tweggs Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Seattle, WA. USA
    I have this lens and it preforms very good. It's small and I have had good luck with it even shooting 5 frame HDR's hand held.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.