1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EM 10 with Metz 15 MS-1 Macro Flash

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GShooter, May 30, 2014.

1. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

My current macro set up is EM10 with Pentax Takumar 100mm Macro Lens plus extension tubes when necessary. For lighting I am using a Nissin Di466 on a DIY bracket with DIY Diffuser. While this set up gives some good, and at times great results; there are times when I am not able to light the subject the way I would like with a single light source. I have been reading about the Metz 15 MS-1 elsewhere on this forum and am very interested in this piece of equipment.
    However it is quite expensive and I would welcome advise as to the suitability of this flash with my existing camera and lens before I commit to purchasing. Also what sort of control of the flash would I get using the EM10 flash controls?
    Any advice from users of this flash would be most welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ultrarad

Ultrarad Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2014
    Texas
    First off - Nice photos, David!!

That Ring Flash looks pretty nice - and you can USB upgrade it, which is super handy. I'm going to be using my new EM-10 for jewelry/art photography - I may have to check this ring light out, as well. I'm getting tired of trying to make 4 cheap clip on lights illuminate my working surfaces. There are a few good video's online showing how to use simple/cheap LED clusters to light various objects.....Perhaps I'll give that a go. I went ahead and purchased the Oly 60mm macro, since it was on sale where I purchased my camera AND I got another $100 off - kind of a no-brainer. (I splurged and bought the 12mm f2.0, as well - i want to use it as a walk around lens - I love WIDE angles - lol)

3. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

That does look like a nice flash. Unfortunately I also can not tell you about it since I don't own or have used one. If you can afford to buy it, I say Go for it. It's a Metz and they do make great strobes. I have never heard of anyone being disappointed with a Metz flashes performance. I use a much cheaper, all manual, ring strobe for my macro work. But it still cost me around two hundred on eBay. I do have a Metz 48AF-1, a regular non macro flash, that I use and love. I bet you will like your Metz too if you buy it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.