Em-10 setup for Race Across America? cycling event

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bbarnett51, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bbarnett51

bbarnett51 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2015
    First post here but have gotten some great info with the search function. So here is my situation. I'm part of the crew for a cycling event that goes across America in 7 days. although my primary function on the crew won't be photography I have been asked to spend a significant time photographing the event. My team has a professional photo crew filming them for a documentary but the two cyclists want me to shoot them for their personal collection.

So that is my backstory. I primarily shoot wildlife and use a Canon 7D with a Sigma 150-500. This coocoo is a beast. I also have an 85 1.8. For this event I'm thinking a 70-200 2.8 is needed. When I started lpoking at the cost and the size of the gear I'll be using, I couldn't help but wonder if I should consider an em-10 with a few different lenses. I'll be living in a van and we are way short on space.

so after hearing my situation do you think the em-10 would do the job on fast moving cyclists? And which lenses would you recommend? I don't have the budget for an em-1 so lays stick with the 10 for now.

Thanks for the help!