Em-10 setup for Race Across America? cycling event

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bbarnett51, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bbarnett51

bbarnett51 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2015
    First post here but have gotten some great info with the search function. So here is my situation. I'm part of the crew for a cycling event that goes across America in 7 days. although my primary function on the crew won't be photography I have been asked to spend a significant time photographing the event. My team has a professional photo crew filming them for a documentary but the two cyclists want me to shoot them for their personal collection.

So that is my backstory. I primarily shoot wildlife and use a Canon 7D with a Sigma 150-500. This coocoo is a beast. I also have an 85 1.8. For this event I'm thinking a 70-200 2.8 is needed. When I started lpoking at the cost and the size of the gear I'll be using, I couldn't help but wonder if I should consider an em-10 with a few different lenses. I'll be living in a van and we are way short on space.

so after hearing my situation do you think the em-10 would do the job on fast moving cyclists? And which lenses would you recommend? I don't have the budget for an em-1 so lays stick with the 10 for now.

Thanks for the help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.