1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM-10 Multiple Exposures Issue

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Always, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Always

Always Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 6, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Arthur
    Hi there,
    I learned that there is a Multiple Exposures function under shooting menu2, however, it is unavailable for selection. Is anyone knows the reason? I tried all modes but none could make it available. I also tried to connect for firmware update, if there is any. Nothing! I have no idea what went wrong. Any help could be appreciated.

Cheers,
    AE

2. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    It is only available in PASM modes but you say you tried all modes so that does not seem to be the issue. The only other restriction I specifically known about is that if you are using in-camera HDR you can't use multiple exposures. But there may be other combinations of settings that are not compatible with Multiple Exposure.

3. Always

Always Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 6, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Arthur
    Thank you for your advice Alan1972, I checked the my HDR is Off, so it i not the issue either. I have no idea what is wrong with my camera setting, I like this camera. But this Multiple Exposures seems to be fun to use. I actually bought a book Supercharging The Olympus EM-D E-M10 and learning some extra features handling. However, the book did not mention any trick to resolve my issue:frown: Anyone out there could help please?

4. alan1972

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Is anything else in the shooting menus greyed out? Or only Multiple Exposure?

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Does this setting work if your camera is set to record in RAW? I don't shoot Olympus, but on some cameras you can't use auto processing features like this with RAW.

6. alan1972

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    It does work in Raw - I wasn't sure but I have just checked my own camera with the Raw Only setting and it works fine.

7. ortiga

ortiga New to Mu-43

Feb 21, 2014
    Change to manual mode

8. ortiga

ortiga New to Mu-43

Feb 21, 2014
    Or try to reset your camera settings

9. Always

Always Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 6, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Arthur
    Reset the camera would be my last option, I have setup the camera based on the recommendation from the book. I don't want to repeat the setup again, if possible:(