EM-1 wouldn't turn off ..

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
Had a weird occurrence with an EM-1 today - the on/off lever would not turn the camera off. It returned to normal after popping the battery out and re-inserting it. Has anyone else experienced this ?

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
It happened once with my E-M1 and was due to the card write going mental. I was doing a long series of bursts and I think it got overwhelmed and just kept writing and wouldn't stop or turn off, so had to pull the battery.

Vivalo

Olympus loser
That happens sometimes with my E-M5. It becomes normal after getting the battery out and in. It's just annoying if the HLD-6 is on, because then I have to remove that first.

janneman

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jan (John) Kusters
It will not switch off while it is writing to the card, and when firing bursts, that might be quite some time. Keep an eye on the writing symbol (left upper corner on my E-M5).

Shifty

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, I've had this happen a few times on my EM10. Like a few here have said, card-writing seems to be the culprit...especially if you do long Live Time/Composite/Bulb exposures - those write-times can be killer!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom