EM 1 mk2 wifi problems

Michael Sans

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael John Sansom
I would like to use focus stacking controlled by my smart android phone but cannot get it to work I sent a request via the App OIi share and got this answer below .

Can anyone explain how to do it because when in Focus stacking mode I cannot use wireless on my EM1 mk2 where am I going wrong? It looks as though they did not understand that it was not possible to be using Oi Share in live view and focus stacking at the same time.

I have the macro f2.9 90mm, 40 to 150 f2.8 pro. 12 to 40mm f2.8 pro and 12 to 10 mmf2.8
? :-
Dear Mr./Ms.Michael Sansom,

Thank you for your e-mail to Olympus Customer Support Center in Japan.

While we appreciate your inquiry,
XX focus stacking can be performed inside app as long as XX
the camera and lens has a Focus Stacking mode.

See the OLYMPUS website for information on the lenses and camera
that can be used with Focus Stacking.

If you have any other questions,
please contact our authorized distributors in your country from followings.

< Asia & Oceania >
https://www.olympus-global.com/company/base/distributor/digital_cameras.html

< Europe >
http://www.olympus-europa.com/site/en/c/cameras_support/contact/index.html

< USA & Canada >
* For technical questions & support only (toll-free)
1(888)553-4448
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_consumercontact.asp

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Y.Yamakawa
Customer Support Center
OLYMPUS CORP. Tokyo, Japan

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
You can use the WiFi capability to display Live View and control the camera on your phone only in straight PSAM modes plus Art, iAuto and Movie, selectable from O.I. Share. You have no access to the camera menus or any of modes of use invoked through them. This is the default mode as the app is delivered.

You can use the phone as a simple, unwired remote in any configuration. On the front page tap the Settings (Gear) icon. Tap the choice marked Remote Control. You can change between Live View and Remote Shutter. However, if you tap the Mode button you get three choices for default behavior: Live View, Remote Shutter and Select. Choosing Select places the word "Select" in a very small face under the words "Remote Control" and changes the Remote Control button on the front page to go directly to a choice between Live View and Remote Shutter. I find this the most useful setting.

With this setting you can instantly choose which function you wish to use. Tap Remote Control and then tap Remote Shutter. This returns the rear screen on the camera to Live View and you can use all the controls on the camera normally.

Michael Sans

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael John Sansom
Thanks will try and follow your advise
What I asked them, can I focus tracking, or for that matter bracketing, be included in the OI.Share using the phone app.

I know one can use live view in the camera at the same time but but in the phone standing up ( I'm 85 ) whist the camera is shooting mushrooms?
I asked this once before and it like a computer answering a set answer and not understanding the question which is using live view in the app's (phone ) live view to use focus stacking whist the camera live view is not used because but the phone is providing it when focus stacking.?

I will ask Olympus technical ( if they don't block questions at customer services) the question again being more specific..

But if Technical don't get to see the question its a waste of time. Perhaps customer services not wanting to loose face and miss the point its not a customer services question but technical and contacting technical is not for the likes or them. who knows!
[/QUOTE] View attachment 803851

Attachments

• 8_4992dc59-30f0-4c6e-8b6a-57b3b526a4c1_150x.png
    8_4992dc59-30f0-4c6e-8b6a-57b3b526a4c1_150x.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 123

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
Dear Hedricks I thought about what you said but I use a tripod with a swing arm with camera upside down very low to the ground. as I'm 85 its difficult to get down to ground level, so needed to use live view in the phone. It seems one cannot focus or bracket stack in the app a pity. What I asked them is can I focus tack using the phone app. I know one can use live view in the camera at the same time but but in the phone standing up whist the camera is shooting mushrooms
Well, the engineers at Olympus have your back. It turns out that you can

On the Camera
1 turn on the camera's WiFi
2 connect it to the phone via O.I. Share (Remote Shutter)
3 using the camera menus, set up the camera for focus bracketing
4 position it

On the Phone
5 choose Live View
6 focus using the phone screen
7 choose Remote Shutter
8 click the shutter
and the camera will take the focus bracket you set up.
You can then cycle through 5-8 to take another bracket.

Note that in order to change any of the bracket parameters (# shots, differential, etc.) you will have to do this through the controls on the camera and cycle through 4-8. Steps (1, 2) and 3 can happen in any order, I chose this for logical progression.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom