1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EM-1 firmware update

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MarkoPolo, Apr 5, 2014.

1. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    My EM -1 has firmware version 1.0
    I see there has been a version 1.1 available and now there is a version 1.3.
    Do I need to update from version 1.0 to version 1.1 before I update to version 1.3?
    Or do I update to 1.3 and skip 1.1?
    I haven't updated firmware on an Olympus before and I am a little concerned that I might do something that would freeze or otherwise mess up the camera.
    Thanks

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    If you use the Olympus Digital Camera Updater, it will ensure that you get the required updates.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    Well, I started this and get this message.."Unable to detect the camera try again". Soooo, now what?>

4. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    you have to select the storage mode once the camera is connected to the computer - when you connect , the camera shows 4 choices - pick storage and then the updated will "See" the camera

5. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    I didn't click OK on storage as listed. Once I did that, the update proceeded as expected. Took four to five minutes and updated to version 1.3. Thought there was a version 1.1 for the 12 to 40 f/2.8 lens, but apparently not, it says latest updates are installed. OzRay, thanks for your input.

6. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    Yes, macr1230, that is exactly the mistake I made, Once I clicked on storage, then it worked as expected. Thanks for the input. This forum is so helpful, very much appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.