1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EM-1 firmware update

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MarkoPolo, Apr 5, 2014.

1. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    My EM -1 has firmware version 1.0
    I see there has been a version 1.1 available and now there is a version 1.3.
    Do I need to update from version 1.0 to version 1.1 before I update to version 1.3?
    Or do I update to 1.3 and skip 1.1?
    I haven't updated firmware on an Olympus before and I am a little concerned that I might do something that would freeze or otherwise mess up the camera.
    Thanks

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    If you use the Olympus Digital Camera Updater, it will ensure that you get the required updates.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    Well, I started this and get this message.."Unable to detect the camera try again". Soooo, now what?>

4. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    you have to select the storage mode once the camera is connected to the computer - when you connect , the camera shows 4 choices - pick storage and then the updated will "See" the camera

5. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    I didn't click OK on storage as listed. Once I did that, the update proceeded as expected. Took four to five minutes and updated to version 1.3. Thought there was a version 1.1 for the 12 to 40 f/2.8 lens, but apparently not, it says latest updates are installed. OzRay, thanks for your input.

6. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    Yes, macr1230, that is exactly the mistake I made, Once I clicked on storage, then it worked as expected. Thanks for the input. This forum is so helpful, very much appreciated.