EM-1 and pro lens - any good sellers with good prices?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Peakbagr, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Peakbagr

Peakbagr New to Mu-43

Jan 14, 2015
    Getting ready in the next few months to get an EM-1. I like the 12-40 f2.8 and maybe one other lens.
    In looking around various photography sites, seems like some of the package deals offered last year have gone away. Most have the EM-1 as camera body-only.
    Live in the U.S. and wondered whether there are places here that have full warranty, legitimate sellers who offer discounted packages or likely to have another sale.
    I'm willing to wait.

2. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    You can easily check the Marketplace section at the bottom of the forums or post a 'want to buy' or WTB thread there (assuming you comply with the rules).

• Like Like x 1
  3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Does it have to be new?

If not, look over at KEH.com

6 month warranty on anything they sell. They are conservative in their rating system, so you'll get a good kit. I buy from them a lot. Got some DSLR cameras, lenses and Fuji and m43 glass from them. All top notch, no issues.

4. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Due to the week yen, you can find very good prices from Japanese sellers on eBay. Warranty will probably be void though.

5. Peakbagr

Peakbagr New to Mu-43

Jan 14, 2015
    North American warranty is important to me. Want to buy new as I'm not savvy enough to be able to distinguish a good used deal from a bad one.

6. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Unless you find a used deal here (or somewhere similar) you may prefer new in any case, because the difference just isn't that much. KEH's price on a LN- E-M1 with shipping will be just about $1100, compared to B&H's price new, which will be just under $1200. For $100 you get an absolutely brand new camera in the box with a 12 month Oly warranty vs. a six month KEH warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    ********** in NY. Call 1866-967-8427 and ask for Jeffery. He gave me a very good deal on the new 40-150mm f/2.8 pro lens and 1.4 TC. I first heard of them on this forum. You don't get tracking e-mails and the packaging was re-purposed boxes (very well packed tho) with free shipping and arrived when promised. I will certainly try them first now when buying new camera gear.
    edit: not sure why name is starred out, I see KEH in above post. I'll try again, it's ********** in NY.
    edit: whatever, PM me if you're interested.

8. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Olympus also have certified refurbished camera and lenses with warranty on their site. I think Olympus is offering the Em1 for $1039 body only right now.

9. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    The holiday deals Oly has on refurbs are hard to beat. Greentoe is another good alternative if you want a warranty.