Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Pap, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    What would be your opinion on purchasing the EPL-1 camera as a start into 4/3rds to determine if it is a format I may wish to get into?
    I have a DSLR and P&S cameras but am considering something in-between.
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Well...the E-PL1 is a very capable camera. It's button centric controls are something that make an easy transition from point and shoot cameras. You may or may not find that you care for that. Depending on what you want out of your m43 camera you might want something with more flexible controls (such as an E-PL2 or perhaps a Panasonic GF1). Quality wise the E-PL1 is terrific and you can't argue with the price.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    I jumped from p&s to an E PL1 and am really loving it. I do find myself thinking about more up to date camera bodies... but then i think about how I got mine at a very good price and by all accounts the image quality is very good compared to more recent models. Thera is always a new model! And always will be. It's way more versatile than my quite good p&s and the quality is terrific. Why not get try m43 format out with an E PL1, if you like it, use the money you "saved" buying the earlier model to buy another lens?
    • Like Like x 1