1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ELP-1, at a international Car Show

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, Apr 14, 2012.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    ...took our new Olympus, snapped on a 14mm prime, and shot many images...
    now, car shows with big crowds are very hard to get good shots, as people are walking everywhere, composition is good to be hard, with that said, it was liberating not useing a big bulky ugly DSLR, as many at the show had...

rather, with the 14mm Olympus, we could easily and quickly fire off shot after shot... me and the hubby did these... we are still learning the Camera, and having fun doing so...

1st up, I fell in love with the Mini Coopers...and one just might wind up in my stable...these little turbo cars get great gas milage, are very classy looking, and probably have decent power......time for some test drives..

ics-1.

ics-2.

ics-3.

ics-4.

ics-5.

audi is bangin!

ics-6.

this smart car had crazy subwoofers and ground effects, car sat very low.

ics-7.

this car is rather loud...and not in sound..

ics-8.

this turbo Fiat was bad ass! I fell in love, hard to choose between this and the mini......never thought i would fall for these..

ics-9.

ics-10.

the new Dodge Dart, look forward to the upcoming SRT-4..

ics-11.

ics-12.

Scion's answer to the mini...looked nice..

ics-13.

this VW bug was fantastic, another turbo car that could find its way to my house, I have always loved VW's and this one was sleek, bravo on the new design...

ics-14.

CTV Coupe...maybe the baddest car there... the paint is incredible, and our crappy camera doesn't do it justice..

ics-15.

ics-16.

Love the new SHO... this car had every bell and whistle, and two turbos for good measure..

ics-17.

• Like Like x 5
  2. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    Not into cars so much, but love the photos. Nice angles!

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Great shots in a tough lighting situation! :smile:

IRT the circular polarizer thread, it's exactly situations like these where having a circular polarizer attached really comes in handy to cut down on reflections! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. fgbrault

fgbrault Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    A fantastic set of images. Love the various perspectives.

5. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez

I need a CP and I also need some ND filters... you are correct... just got the camera and I am still in the learning stage with it... I will find that thread and make some orders....thanks..

6. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    These are great shots and I love the perspective that the 14mm lens provides.

One small correction -- the Cadillac is a CTS-V (not CTV.)

Great job and thanks for sharing!

7. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Nice pics but what the heck is that huge analog gauge in the center of the interior of the second pic.

Looks like some designer has way overdone the current analog retro craze. :)

8. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    That's he speedo in the Mini Cooper. I think it's pretty cool looking!

9. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    I know we all have different taste but that speedo would be a deal breaker for me if I was interested in a Mini. Maybe it's optional.

10. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Fiat Fiat Fiat. Coincidence . My mate just sent me pics of his new Abarth.

Grey too Sweet :smile:

11. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I had a new MINI when they first came out. They are tons of fun. For my wife, they were too fun. She didn't care for the stiff suspension and go-kart-like handling. I also dig the new Fiats, but a sporty miniature car is not in my future unfortunately. Cool shots!

12. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    Nope, that's the only way it comes...

13. nickotine42

nickotine42 New to Mu-43

Apr 27, 2012
    I know this isn't a car forum but owning both a Mini Cooper S 5-speed, and Fiat non turbo auto. The Mini hands down. so quick so fun. The non turbo Fiat is sloooooowwwwwwwwww. Not a huge fan. But the turbo version at 160 HP and that size. Might be as good as the Cooper S. Maybe...