Elements XXL - Plugin Adds 130 Photoshop Features

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by twokatmew, Jun 23, 2013.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I just found out about this plugin for Elements from someone in my local photography club. He hasn't tried it yet, but it sure looks interesting ... especially for someone who wants more power from Elements without going the Photoshop & CC route.

Anyway, I thought I'd post and see if anyone's used this or might be interested in trying it out:

http://thepluginsite.com/products/elementsxxl/description.htm

2. Dogdaze

Dogdaze Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    New York
    Charlotte
    Memory Cards and Posting...

I would like to know what is the best memory card that most of you use?
    I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC G3 camera.
    I have been using a 32GB Digital Film, 1080p HD, 32G SCHC/XC memory card.
    THANKS....
    Charlotte

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Charlotte, you can start a new thread by choosing a sub-forum. Please click the "Forums" tab on the top bar, go to the sub-forum where you'd like to post, and then click "New Thread."

4. Dogdaze

Dogdaze Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    New York
    Charlotte
    New Thread....

WOW...who would have known....now I do!!
    Thank you....
    Charlotte:

5. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    I've been looking at that too. But I'd need to get PSE and the plugin, and would have to run it with Parallels (which I have), as it is Windows only.

I figure I still have some life left on CS6, so I plan to stick with that for as long as it makes sense. CS6 is still more "powerful" than PSE 11 (or whatever it's up to), so no sense making the switch now, going thru a few PSE upgrades, etc.

But I do think this would be the way to go (of course, who knows what the situation will be in 2-3 years).

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yes, I'm still using CS5 without complaint, and as Lightroom becomes more capable, there's not a tremendous amount I use Photoshop for. It looks like an interesting option to have though. :smile: