1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Elements resources

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by DynaSport, Dec 1, 2014.

1. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I have been taking pictures a long time, and really enjoy it. I have never really enjoyed the post processing. The cost of Photoshop always kept me from purchasing it. And the interface and concepts kept me from really wanting to use it anyway. Long ago I used Elements and became somewhat competent at it, but I didn't upgrade along the way and eventually, after moving over to a Mac and trying to get a handle on all my photos I moved everything to iPhoto and have just used the very basic editing tools it contains. Well, tonight I bit on the Cyber Monday special and downloaded Elements 13 and Premiere 13. It has been years since I used Elements and it is totally different from what it looked like last time I used it. So, I need help learning to use it all over again, and just as importantly I need to figure out how to organize my many photos. It seems a bit crazy to load them into Elements, edit them, then upload them into iPhoto to organize them. On the other hand, I have thousands of photos already loaded into iPhoto. Do I move them over to Elements?

And once I get that figured out, I need to learn how to use Elements. Or perhaps I actually need to learn that first. So do you guys have any advice on videos, websites, forums, whatever, that can help out someone like me? Perhaps one day I'll get comfortable enough with Elements I may even move on to the full Photoshop program. But for now, it's time to learn Elements. I don't even want to think about learning to use Premiere. I know nothing about editing video. 2015 could be a very educational year for me.

2. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1