Elbow adapter for Olympus Multi-connector

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by GreenH, Aug 7, 2012.

1. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    I have an Olympus E-M5 and an L-Bracket for mounting to a tripod with a quick release. Unfortunately, the L-bracket partially prevents connecting a remote trigger. There is a gap between the camera and the L-bracket that would let an elbow connector adapter be inserted. Do you know if such an animal exists?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

No, I am sorry. You have have better luck reversing the L bracket to the other side of the camera.

3. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    Thanks

Thanks. I wish the bracket was long enough to reverse it.

Steve

4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Which bracket and what are you wanting to do?

Chuck

5. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    Hi Chuck,

I am using an RRS L-bracket for a Panasonic GH1. I was considering the Sunwayfoto DPL-03 Universal L-Bracket Quick-Release Plate but I think the screw in tripod connector piece on the vertical part of the bracket will line up with the remote connection.

I see that RRS is coming out with an E-M5 version and there is also one at https://www.mu-43.com/f42/grip-option-27093/index5.html#post284006 although the latter appears to block the remote connection!

Thanks,
    Steve

6. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

This looks a lot slimmer. The Kirk QRLB-T Universal Quick Release Tall L-Bracket is a dual-sided bracket that mounts to an Arca-Swiss-style clamp in either landscape orientation or tilted 90° for portrait mode. This enables efficient changes in the orientation of your camera, without the need to tilt your ball head and re-level the shot. In contrast to tilting the head 90°, when you tilt the bracket your camera remains centered over the tripod.

7. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    Chuck,

Thanks but that one requires an additional plate for the camera. Maybe JTec will come out with a simple one.

Thanks again,
    Steve