Elbow adapter for Olympus Multi-connector

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by GreenH, Aug 7, 2012.

1. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    I have an Olympus E-M5 and an L-Bracket for mounting to a tripod with a quick release. Unfortunately, the L-bracket partially prevents connecting a remote trigger. There is a gap between the camera and the L-bracket that would let an elbow connector adapter be inserted. Do you know if such an animal exists?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

No, I am sorry. You have have better luck reversing the L bracket to the other side of the camera.

3. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    Thanks

Thanks. I wish the bracket was long enough to reverse it.

Steve

4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Which bracket and what are you wanting to do?

Chuck

5. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    Hi Chuck,

I am using an RRS L-bracket for a Panasonic GH1. I was considering the Sunwayfoto DPL-03 Universal L-Bracket Quick-Release Plate but I think the screw in tripod connector piece on the vertical part of the bracket will line up with the remote connection.

I see that RRS is coming out with an E-M5 version and there is also one at https://www.mu-43.com/f42/grip-option-27093/index5.html#post284006 although the latter appears to block the remote connection!

Thanks,
    Steve

6. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

This looks a lot slimmer. The Kirk QRLB-T Universal Quick Release Tall L-Bracket is a dual-sided bracket that mounts to an Arca-Swiss-style clamp in either landscape orientation or tilted 90° for portrait mode. This enables efficient changes in the orientation of your camera, without the need to tilt your ball head and re-level the shot. In contrast to tilting the head 90°, when you tilt the bracket your camera remains centered over the tripod.

7. GreenH

GreenH New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2010
    Chuck,

Thanks but that one requires an additional plate for the camera. Maybe JTec will come out with a simple one.

Thanks again,
    Steve

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.