Eh! Another forum.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I'd guess many of you know me from other photo forums and I was kind of circumspect as to whether I really needed another one to keep tabs on. But after several prods, I thought that maybe one devoted to m4/3s could be useful. :smile:

For those that don't know me, my main photographic bent is covering news and sports for a newspaper in Melbourne, but with Olympus 4/3s gear. :eek: I'm also an Olympus Pen 1 and 2 owner, and want to put this gear into more use in my photographic work.

The Pen 1 and 2 are now my main working travel kit, with a bunch of manual focus lenses (when flying or otherwise having to travel light). So my interest in this forum is mainly to do with all aspects of manual lenses, both old and new. My oldest lens, as far as I know, dates back to 1966; still a pup in many respects, but fine glass nonetheless.

Cheers

Ray

Dalton

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dan Ferrall
Welcome to the forum, Ozray!

I always appreciated your contributions at DPReview. I look forward to the value you will add to the content here.

Dan

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Awesome! Welcome Ray :drinks:

Things are looking better and better around here :yahoo:

Cheers

Brian

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Gee, gosh, golly Ozray is here at last....you will like this spot...much better than all the rest put together!!~

Enough prodding got me motivated. The forum at least focusses on the particular format, so things don't get lost in mixed format discussions.

Cheers

Ray

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Dpreview is going to start blocking the forum!

They can block it all they like as far as I'm concerned, word will still get around. At least in these forums you don't get the cross-dressers and kids with nappy rash, like on that forum, whose only purpose is to stir the pot.

Cheers

Ray

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome aboard Ray, you have some great images on your site.

I agree about DPreview, it's about the bitchiest forum out there, I do browse but never post.

They can block it all they like as far as I'm concerned, word will still get around. At least in these forums you don't get the cross-dressers and kids with nappy rash, like on that forum, whose only purpose is to stir the pot.

Cheers

Ray

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
For those that don't know me, my main photographic bent is covering news and sports for a newspaper in Melbourne, but with Olympus 4/3s gear. :eek: I'm also an Olympus Pen 1 and 2 owner, and want to put this gear into more use in my photographic work.

Cheers

Ray

I want a job where my expenditure on photographic kit is "tax deductible"

Welcome

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Gee, gosh, golly Ozray is here at last....you will like this spot...much better than all the rest put together!!~

Awww, Bill - what have we done to upset you at Four Thirds User? :biggrin:

Thought I might start to see a few familiar faces around here. :2thumbs:

As for Ray, don't think our paths have crossed before but you sound like a great guy to have around. :smile:

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Awww, Bill - what have we done to upset you at Four Thirds User? :biggrin:

Thought I might start to see a few familiar faces around here. :2thumbs:

As for Ray, don't think our paths have crossed before but you sound like a great guy to have around. :smile:

John, I love Four Thirds Users, Olympus UK E System and mu-43.com. I am sick of the nit picking, arguing, and people who make a point of argument at DPR.
This site is a breath of fresh air just as the other two sites I mentioned, in fact on your side of the pond what I like, and that is why I continue to return to the UK, is the civility of the discussions, and of course, the great photography of places where history began for North America!!

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
John, I love Four Thirds Users, Olympus UK E System and mu-43.com. I am sick of the nit picking, arguing, and people who make a point of argument at DPR.
This site is a breath of fresh air just as the other two sites I mentioned, in fact on your side of the pond what I like, and that is why I continue to return to the UK, is the civility of the discussions, and of course, the great photography of places where history began for North America!!

Haha! Nice to see you here, Bill. I agree that this site is very complimentary to the other two we have in common - we've obviously got similar tastes. :smile:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Phil/John

Thanks, I'll try and be supportive and hopefully through forums like this, word will get back to Olympus, in a more civilised manner, as to what dedicated users are looking for in the format. Bill and others convinced me that it's worthwhile giving the forum a go. :smile:

And I have to say that the photos on both of your sites are excellent.

Cheers

Ray

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Phil/John

Thanks, I'll try and be supportive and hopefully through forums like this, word will get back to Olympus, in a more civilised manner, as to what dedicated users are looking for in the format. Bill and others convinced me that it's worthwhile giving the forum a go. :smile:

And I have to say that the photos on both of your sites are excellent.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks Ray, although I have to say that Phil's subjects are somewhat more interesting than mine! :wink:

voyager

Well, most of the user created Micro Four Thirds forums (mine included) are full of incredibly nice people. I love them.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
At least in these forums you don't get the cross-dressers and kids with nappy rash, like on that forum, whose only purpose is to stir the pot.

Welcome to the forum, Ray! When I first started this site in mid-December, I had my own doubts about what the value of starting a Micro Four Thirds forum would be with such active MFT forums on some of the big sites like DPR. It hasn't taken long for Mu-43 to develop to the point where those doubts are gone for me. We've got an amazingly positive group of folks here, and I think that the focus on the format really helps.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Welcome to the forum, Ray! When I first started this site in mid-December, I had my own doubts about what the value of starting a Micro Four Thirds forum would be with such active MFT forums on some of the big sites like DPR. It hasn't taken long for Mu-43 to develop to the point where those doubts are gone for me. We've got an amazingly positive group of folks here, and I think that the focus on the format really helps.

Amin

I think it helps immensely that the forum is dedicated to one brand/type of product; I'm in some motoring forums as well and it's the same thing. while we may from time to time have disagreements about particular issues, in the main, we support the common good. And if anyone gets out of line, it's a lot easier to control, not being a monster like DPR.:smile:

Cheers

Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom