Eeeeekkk , it's a snake

Discussion in 'Nature' started by JustShootMe, Apr 25, 2011.

1. JustShootMe

JustShootMe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2011
    Austin TX
    Since I haven't found a decent deal on a macro lens yet, I often use the 20 1.7 to shoot little things. This is my little baby Surinam Boa. Shot with EPL2 ,and Panny 20 1.7 @ 5.6 ...

Olympus EPL2 - Panasonic 20 1.7 by lostnjboro, on Flickr

If anybody else enjoys reptiles... post them :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 9
  2. scotth

scotth Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2011
    He is awesome.
  3. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Beautiful markings.
  4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Here's something I took today using my 50mm legacy lens with a reversing ring to make it a macro lens. Turtles count as reptiles, eh? GH2 with Nikkor 50mm 1.4, ISO 320, f/16.

<a href="" title="Eye of the ... Turtle? by debit72, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="Eye of the ... Turtle?"></a>
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice colours. But seriously, I'm a Queenslander and any snake is a bad snake and they don't last long. I'm glad that one is far away.:smile:
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    LOL, I used to work at an animal park and handled the snakes quite often. The boas were great snakes to work with, although the ones we had were quite young and a lot smaller than our carpet snakes and olive python (all non-venomous, of course!).
  7. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Generally, the only snakes around here are chicken snakes, which are OK. The water moccasins, are shown no mercy. At least seven of them met their end when I had my pond cleaned out with a track hoe.

Rattlers receive little sympathy here too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Very cool shots! Snakes are such intriguing creatures.

Here's one I came across while canoeing through the flooded cyprus forest of Congaree National Park:

This boa was relaxing in a tree at a reptile sanctuary outside of Cortez, CO;
    • Like Like x 4
  9. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I worked for 8 years as a veterinary technician in a hospital that specialized in exotic animals. The boas, corn snakes, and king snakes were quite nice. Pythons could be kind of iffy, especially the green tree pythons. We had one run in with a 10 foot anaconda...nasty, just nasty.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    shot at the local zoo with the GF1/20mm

f2, 1/200
    • Like Like x 3
  11. JustShootMe

JustShootMe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2011
    Austin TX
    Great Shot !!!