1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Edmund Optics C-mount lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by John Jarosz, Sep 26, 2010.

1. John Jarosz

John Jarosz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2010
    Chicago Area
    Going thru their catalog I stumbled on a line of lenses they sell. Not cheap, but the 8mm lens is interesting. Covers 1" format with a c-mount.

8mm FL, F 1.4 to F 16

They claim 120 l/m in the center and 80 l/m at the corners. Has anyone any experience with these?

Edmund Optics page

John

2. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Seems quite interesting. Somebody with the money to spend, should give them a try…

3. ekoe

ekoe Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2010
    That's funny, I was looking at the EO lenses the other day and wondering the same thing. I think you'd get vignetting on the wider ones. As a comparison, my 1" Fujinon TV 25/1.4 has only very slight vignetting, and Fujinon TV 12.5/1.4 vignettes quite a bit without helicoid modification.

Those EO lenses are actually very affordable considering the wide focal lengths and the speed. You'd likely have to shave a bit of material off the near mount diameter though, depending on your adaptor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.