1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Editing RAW in photoshop CS and Aperture together .

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Khiunngiap, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Khiunngiap

Khiunngiap Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2011
    Hi , i would like to ask ,

my plugins are in photoshop CS , but i prefer to do my editing in aperture , is there anyway to maintain the raw file or data in CS after i did my editing in photoshop CS , then carry on my editing in aperture without saving/export to JPEG ? then re-import to aperture.

Thank

2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    why not import the RAW files to Aperture, use its RAW conversion, do your adjustments there and then if you still need to use your photoshop plug ins you can then use PS as an external editor. When you save from photoshop, it will appear back in you Aperture library and can be further worked on there.

K

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Kevin has the answer! You can set up Aperture to use Photoshop as your external editor and specify if you want to treat Files as Tiff or PSD, 8 or 16 bit depth, and the colour space. Just remember to use "Save" now "Save As".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Khiunngiap

Khiunngiap Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you everyone :)

i didnt play around the setting because photoshop is really slow in my system , so i never bother to install it as i dont really need to do so much in photoshop , i guess i have no choice to install photoshop to use the plug in .