Editing EXIF data in Lightroom 3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by BillN, Aug 31, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Hi everyone

I am scanning some of my old negatives plus copying some digital scans the photo shop did of some old negs onto my computer and into LR3

LR3 seems to want to recognise these as FUJI PHOTO in the make section and SP-3000 in the camera model section in the EXIF (Metadata) data info in the Library module - can I change (edit) and amend the info in the EXIF data section in LR3

Cheers

2. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There are fields you can't edit in LR. You'd need some other tool which would depend on your platform.

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Thanks,

The problem that I have is that when the images are copied into LR3, say from the scanner, the Metadata, (EXIF), info for the camera is incorrect

It write FUJI and SP-3000 to the Metadata fields in the Library Module - It is that info that I want to change in LR

Is there a way to Edit the info IN LR3 - rather than changing it on every image - say in Abode Bridge BEFORE I import the images into LR

This is a question for Lightroom users

Cheers

4. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The fields you can edit in LR have a little box around them. Those fields that don't have that box can't be edited.

5. arpoador

arpoador Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the "fixed" values in Lightroom. Lightroom will report a lens name, for example ("Unknown lens" for all of my legacy glass), but won't let you edit it.

For now, I'm just creating keywords and tagging them with the lens name, but I would love to find a way to edit the values directly.