Eclipse

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by chicks, May 20, 2012.

1. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    Anyone get photos of the eclipse? It's just about done here in NorCal. I don't have anything to safely shoot at the sun, but caught these patterns filtered through the trees on the side of the neighbor's house.

• Like Like x 1
  2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

We must have posted at the same time as I checked before I started a thread. Here is the link to my thread.
    https://www.mu-43.com/f54/may-20th-eclipse-post-your-pics-26462/

I shot a few pics through a welders mask and they were mostly crap. I then said "screw it" and went a head and shot a couple without anything. My sensor survived just fine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
    Unfortunately here on the East Coast I don't think it was visible. However I was reading somewhere that pictures taken directly with your camera could potentially damage the sensor...

Any truth in that?

4. oldoldold

oldoldold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Joe Milan
    We only had a partial here in Colorado and we had clouds here in Broomfield. I also used 3 or 4 plastic colored filters to cut the intensity.
    CO202197.

5. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    late in so cal

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yea I think middle of Texas was as far east as it could be seen. And yes direct sunlight can damage sensors. However the sensors are nowhere near as sensitive to it as they used to be. If it hadn't been that it was sundown and a full eclipse I wouldn't have risked mine. I took a couple of quick shots and left it at that. However I have done several test shots at various settings and there is no damage to my sensor.

7. stac

stac Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    I saw it from home. I don't have adequate filters and didn't take any pictures but I did also notice the pinhole effect patterns through the trees.

OM-D E-M5, Zeiss 28mm f/2.8

eclipse_pin_hole_1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    • Like Like x 1