1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

ECG-4 Grip on Pen F

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mario23, Jun 9, 2016.

1. mario23

mario23 Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    FL
    Just curious if anyone has had any personal experiences with this grip yet.
    I'm especially curious how well the rails would work with a Peak Design clip!!!
    My only concern otherwise would be adding the size to the camera and if it's too much for a small body.
    Tks

2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Uhhh... I don't own the Pen-F or the accessory grip for it, but I do own a PD Capture Clip, and don't believe that any old Arca-Swiss plate works with the Capture Clip. If you own a Capture Clip, look at the underside of the plate that came with it, and you'll notice special provisions that allow the plate to "lock" once inserted in to the Capture Clip. These are unique to the Peak Design plate and enable it to work with the Capture Clip.

Without those features on the underside of the plate (which the Olympus grip does not have), it won't fasten in to the Capture Clip.

3. mario23

mario23 Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    FL
    I have one and I know the locking mechanism wouldn't work.
    I was just curious if it would even slide on. I also know that the clip has a stopper on it so the device can't slide all the way through.
    I'm just trying to figure out a better way to use the capture clip with this setup because, even with the micro clip, I have an overhang on the front of the camera. I've seen like the Gariz case relocated the tripod mount so that might be another option...