ebay & tax

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
New Hampshire doesn't have sales OR income tax. They do have a pretty high property tax to make up for it.
Pennsylvannia has it all
High property tax (really high)
Income tax
Sales tax
Soda tax
Beer Tax
City wage tax
Local county tax
Use tax
Tranfer tax (on sale of home)
High gas tax
What a state! Even NJ tax HQ has cheaper gasoline, cheaper booze.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Pennsylvannia has it all
High property tax (really high)
Income tax
Sales tax
Soda tax
Beer Tax
City wage tax
Local county tax
Use tax
Tranfer tax (on sale of home)
High gas tax
What a state! Even NJ tax HQ has cheaper gasoline, cheaper booze.
This site doesn't go in to as much detail, but by their methodology PA is basically in the middle of all states in terms of tax burden. NJ is about 15% higher.

I'm sure Philly is worst-case in PA, but you're also very likely to be getting paid more, all things equal, if you're working there. And I can't imagine you'd want to move across the bridge in to Camden. . Maybe Cherry Hill.

2019’s Tax Burden by State

Methodology
In order to determine the states that tax their residents the most and least aggressively, WalletHub compared the 50 states across the following three tax burdens and added the results to obtain the overall tax burden for each state:

• Property Tax as a Share of Personal Income
  • Individual Income Tax as a Share of Personal Income
  • Total Sales & Excise Tax as a Share of Personal Income

Last edited:

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
This site doesn't go in to as much detail, but by their methodology PA is basically in the middle of all states in terms of tax burden. NJ is about 15% higher.

I'm sure Philly is worst-case in PA, but you're also very likely to be getting paid more, all things equal, if you're working there. And I can't imagine you'd want to move across the bridge in to Camden. . Maybe Cherry Hill.

2019’s Tax Burden by State

Methodology
In order to determine the states that tax their residents the most and least aggressively, WalletHub compared the 50 states across the following three tax burdens and added the results to obtain the overall tax burden for each state:

• Property Tax as a Share of Personal Income
  • Individual Income Tax as a Share of Personal Income
  • Total Sales & Excise Tax as a Share of Personal Income
NJ..NO thanks. I actually made more in NC than Here.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
Basically in a nutshell it's state-by-state, some retailers it's optional depending on the buyer's state, but unfortunately in my case, Michigan is one of those states that require online retailers to collect MI's 6% sales tax.

I noticed that a few weeks ago when I bought my GH4 from a private seller, there was no tax (just a hefty shipping charge). But when I purchased from one of those large sellers on ebay, I got hit with sales tax. So noticed them following suit too though seems to vary by seller.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom