eBay Seller... not too cool.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hello Folks,

Just a word here. I bought an adapter, new, on eBy from: cam2_usa.

It says the location is New Jersey... Me thinks not.

I purchased and paid on January 21st. I received a notice telling me that:

USPS had been notified to EXPECT my package for mailing on January 25th.

So from the 21st to the 25th.... what?

Today is the 31st, 10 full days post purchase, no delivery. My email is met and answered with a nice request for leaving him "good feedback".

If this fellow is in New Jersey, and where I live in Massachusetts, the adapter could have arrived even if it were being delivered via horse and buggy.

At any rate, my next mu-43 lens adapter won't be coming from cam2_usa.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Awesome.

I guess he has a US deal with a shipper in NJ. Which is not uncommon.

They send a container, or partial container over. then the merchandise ships locally from their shipper / warehouse.
In this case he may have simply built an affiliation with folks who are nonchalant about shipping.

It is being shipped via USPS, so therefore must be being sent from the US.

He last email said he was going to "replace" his shipper..

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
cam2 usa as well as most of the adapter sellers (fotocola, bondscamera, rainbow imaging, caling_photo, big_is, etc) are all in Hong Kong. As far as I know they may all be the same company.

Real Name
Nic
We have countless numbers of these sellers on eBay Australia. They list the item location as Australia so that they come up in your default searches. They are basically drop-shippers. They never handle the goods, but pass your order on to the Chinese distributors who ship it straight to you. If you look through some of the feedback of these sellers you will find many comments about people disappointed not to have recieved a genuine home market product. The product is essentially the same of course but warranties can be a grey area.

If you look through eBay's guidelines you will find that this practise is forbidden but there is no way that eBay is going to kill the golden goose of these sellers who provide them with huge revenue.

Even if you are not buying goods off these sellers they are freakin' annoying because they do huge spam listings in their catergories and make it very hard to sift through items.

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I guess he has a US deal with a shipper in NJ. Which is not uncommon.

They send a container, or partial container over. then the merchandise ships locally from their shipper / warehouse.
In this case he may have simply built an affiliation with folks who are nonchalant about shipping.

It is being shipped via USPS, so therefore must be being sent from the US.

He last email said he was going to "replace" his shipper..

That package is coming from Hong Kong, not NJ. That's why it's taking so long. You'll get via USPS, they ship it via regular mail from China.

Real Name
Nic
They are basically drop-shippers. They never handle the goods, but pass your order on to the Chinese distributors who ship it straight to you.

Actually I should say that they DO handle the goods because often they ARE the distributor but they list their location as Australia, USA, UK, etc. Some of the english in the ads is quite poor which is a good giveaway. I've bought quite a few small camera accessories directly from Hong Kong which was fine but I chose to search international listings for them, I don't want to be lied to about where the item is being shipped from.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Well,

When it ever arrives.... I'll be sure to note the ship from address and report back to you all.

gracefruit

Mu-43 Regular
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I buy from cam_uk regularly and shipping is usually fast If it's any consolation, the adapters he sells are very good quality.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Live and learn.

I spent some time making sure I found a company listing themselves in the us, just because I didn't want a protracted wait..

Here's hoping it's a good adapter as gracefruit mentioned.

Real Name
Nic
The adapters virtually all come from China anyway, and you've probably saved some money by it being shipped directly. It's just unfortunate that eBay apply double standards WRT their own guidelines when there are high sales volumes involved.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, here's the thing. First of all, a delay from the 21st to the 25th isn't unreasonable as the 22nd and 23rd were a weekend. Seller says in several listings that they ship within three business days, so 21, 24, 25. So far, right on the mark. Depending on the time of day on the 21st, they may have even reasonably had until the 26th.

That said, it should have arrived already since their listings clearly say that items would be shipped from NJ. I'm gathering the delay is post-office specific and not the fault of the shipper, but time will tell.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hi folks,

I think some of you may be missing the point.

I do business with several NJ based suppliers, the largest being Lashen Electronics. I've not waited 10 days, in any combo of business day / weekend for any delivery from there.

The reason I chose that seller was based on their claim to be An NJ shipper.
If I'd chosen a supplier from china I'd be expecting a wait.

Not to mention, this isn't an item requiring lots of special packing attention. Pop it in the mail and see you later.... Most say 3 days for handling etc, covers their butt. As a rule though, people ship, especially the small stuff, PDQ.

This seems lackadaisical at best, deceptive at at the worst.

I think I'll go with rainbow for all future purchases.

s0nus

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm in the same predicament. I ordered an adapter from the same eBay seller on the 29th of this month. I too picked them because they were listed as being in NJ. After paying, I realized that the seller's description itself describes them as being in Hong Kong.

I received this email on the 30th:
Dear Customer

We already noticed your payment, you product will be started packing and
prepare to ship soon.

Please allow the handling time is around 24-48 hours.

We will ship the item to you by USPS, Product price over us$ 10 will have
Tracking number too.

We are located in New Jersy, the shipping time is around 2-10 days recently.

Please email us anytime if you need help.

Thank you so much.

Cam2

Latest threads

Top Bottom