Ebay search engine for Mirrorless

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by thelaxong, Aug 2, 2012.

1. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Not a deal but a website for filtering ebay deals for M4-3

It was posted from someone on dpreview forum but I thought this may be also helpful for us.

I tried and found this is so much better than the ebay search interface Mirrorless Deals | olympus
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rwisem

rwisem Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2012
    Sequim, Washington, USA
    Roger Wiseman
    Just saw on 43 Rumors that a guy has set up a filtering script that allows better searches for mirrorless cameras and lenses on Ebay. I haven't fully explored it, but it could be useful.

Here's the link:

Mirrorless Deals | all
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    I looked at this site, but to me it doesn't appear to be all that valuable. Sure, the format is slightly less cluttered than the eBay page, but I also have much less ability to refine my search. I guess it might be helpful for some, but for myself, I don't see any real advantage that it provides.
  4. fstennen

fstennen New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    1. Come up with a few basic Ebay searches
    2. Use Ebay Affiliate RSS creator to make RSS feeds
    3. Setup website to be fed by above RSS feeds
    4. Advertise & get paid

That site limits you to the subset of items that that site owner's searches find. It gets rid of a lot of crap but also gets rid of lots of good stuff. Much more useful to learn how to use Ebay's advanced search so you can find eactly what you want to find.

Right here: That guy made the smartest ebay mirrorless search ever :): Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Interesting post history: Member profile: Digital Photography Review