1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ebay Scam ???? Panasonic LEICA DG VARIO ELMAR 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Lens

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by blumoon722, Oct 13, 2018.

1. blumoon722

blumoon722 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    John
  2. Why even bother? if it's genuine and they've made a mistake they are not compelled to complete the sale.

Worst case scenario is they send you a brick by tracked means then it's goodbye $89.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    No feedback

Capturem.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ....and it's obviously not genuine considering they've listed three of them. like I said, why bother?

They won't get their hands on the cash unless it's a previous verified account linked to another ID.

5. StephenB

StephenB Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Steve
    It makes a change from "My cousin he love your lens, will you ship to Lagos Nigeria?"

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. blumoon722

blumoon722 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    John
    If I don't get it (and I wont), I'll get a refund from Paypal.
    As of a minute ago the guy hasn't accepted payment.
    I know it's bullsh**

7. I believe some, if not all of these apply;
    "If it sounds to good to be true...."
    "There's a fool born every minute....."
    "The bitterness of being ripped off remains long after the sweet taste of a cheap price is forgotten."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zman

Zman Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I hope you get the last laugh and a new lens is delivered to you.

9. archaeopteryx

archaeopteryx Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 25, 2017
    I believe you might be thinking of the 100-400 f/4.0-6.3. The 100-40 is an entirely different and novel zoom design which gets slower as it gets wider rather than going the normal way round. That's also why the zoom ring turns in the Olympus direction rather than the Panasonic direction. Some Panasonic shooters hate this but, for Olympus shooters, it means the Panasonic-Leica 100-40 f/4.0-6.3 can be an attractive alternative to Panasonic's 35-100 f/4.0-5.6 when the Olympus 40-150 f/2.8 is too much to carry.

It does look to me there's a typo in the price (US$ 890 is more normal for the 100-40) and the photos and description are all messed up. ;) 

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. MichailK

MichailK Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2017
    Thessaly, Greece
    IIRC, 4 years ago I saw a Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 listed on amazon.co.uk for 75,00 quid or so. I had a hard time keeping my eyes in their sockets and had no cash at all to give it a shot before it vanished a couple of days later. I guess the seller (shop) forgot to add a couple of zeros after starting to type the seven-five-bring-way-more-wallet numbers sequence in the listing form... I like to remember it as a typo mistake of a big shop that sold the lens at 99% discount to some ultra lucky guy and then said nevermind...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  11. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Page no longer exists. Everyone can return to their usual conspiracy theories.

12. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

That means ebay fraud team deleted it. And a fraudster has the name, address, email and phone number of the OP.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sometimes good, extra cheap bargains come along, like the Zomei Z699C carbon fibre tripod I got for (AU)$26. They sold four at that price & I'm sure someone goofed & forgot to add $100 to the price. Anyhow all four of us received our order & gave feedback. Sometimes we can get lucky, but it was a small amount to risk (they did have feedback though).

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.