1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Ebay RSS

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Luke, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Can anyone explain to me what these posts are about?:confused:
    https://www.mu-43.com/f93/olympus-m-zuiko-14-150mm-micro-4-3-pen-digital-ed-lens-14192/

How are they generated? Do they benefit the site in some way? Is there any way for me to not even see these threads in the recent discussions section? I occasionally click on one thinking that it might be an ad from a forum user. If they generate revenue for this site somehow, that's great. But when I want to be on eBay, I'll be on eBay.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Those are auto-generated from a feed, help pay the bills. You can exclude that forum or any other forum from your 'New Posts' (shown in the blue Navbar above) or 'Today's Posts' (shown in the 'Quick Links' menu in the blue Navbar above) views by going to User CP > Edit Options - Scroll to the bottom under "Exclude Forums from 'Get New Posts'" and highlight the forums you wish to exclude. Control click (command click on a Mac) to select or deselect forums one by one. Then click on 'Save changes'.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Personally, I don't mind that they are there (i.e. I don't take offense. I just want to ignore them), and feel better to know that it's something mu-43 set up. Thanks for the details!

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Thanks for the info. Anything to bring in money is cool with me. Especially since I know how to turn it off now.:thumbup:

5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    It would be okay if they had included the [FS] prefix, that way you could identify the thread as not being a discussion, but rather a sells ad. Some people may not be interested in the product that's up for sell.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Actually, now that I understand what it is, it's perfect the way it is. I actually want to see classified for sale ads. And it's simple to either "ignore the user" or exclude that very specific forum as Amin explained.