1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

ebay prices

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by lchien, Aug 7, 2014.

1. lchien

lchien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Texas
    Hi, I'm fairly new but in the past month or two I've upgraded from an Olympus Megazoom SP590UZ I got in 2009.
    I go way back with Olympus having acquired a fairly large investment in OM system components including four bodies and a handful of lenses plus some macro equipment from the 70's and 80's. Finally decided the technology is maturing to where I can buy an Digital ILS system and not have the cameras become obsolete a year later.

I'me a bit of a eBay surfer and I have been looking at MFT lenses for auction out of curiosity and actually bought one and a PEN E-PM2 for fairly low bucks to back up the M10.

So my question is, I see, for example, M.Zuiko 75mm f1.8 lenses for sale, many at the currently published retail prices at $899 (apparently dealers with eBay stores), a few used ones for slightly (but not a whole lot less) and then to my surprise, a fair number for 1099, 1100, and as high as $1300-something. I can't imagine who they sell these to, unless there are foreign countries with import restrictions or perhaps no local importers resulting in very high local prices?

I sometimes see current stuff on ebay thats priced above retail, but this seems quite a bit beyond that. Who buys these overpriced lenses?

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    It's free to list stuff - at least up to 50 items a month, on the slim chance someone might buy it at a silly high price. But no harm in trying. I used to prefer ebay when there was a lower final value fee, but a small listing fee - and the lower the starting price, the smaller the listing fee. That way, you didn't have these ridiculously over-priced stuff cluttering the site, and the chance of buying something at a real bargain price was substantially higher.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lchien

lchien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Texas
    Yeah that's the other possibility - just fishing for a fool. Doesn't seem like that many fools would be around but I guess for no listing fee, you can always dip your line in the water.