eBay Gitzo for outdoor/adventure photographers

oldracer

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Some time in the past, Gitzo offered a line of green (colored) tripods that they called "Safari." Basically, the legs are built "upside down" with the largest diameter leg at the bottom. The advantage of this is that the bottom section can be stuck in the mud, in salt water, etc and contaminants will not be drawn into the leg when it is collapsed. From an engineering point of view I really like these; I have a Studex Safari and a Safari monopod. I also have a saved search on eBay to notify me when these show up.

So ... this morning I find a Reporter Safari: Gitzo Safari Green Tripod | eBay with a head that is best thrown away. Opening bid is $25 with $18 shipping. There were several Safari model tripods and monopods offered a month or so ago but apparently the eBay crowd was not interested. A couple ended with no bids and I think the highest bid was $100. So someone could get a good deal on a rare and clever Gitzo.

Model is S220. Weight is listed as 4# and collapsed length as 22" PM me with an email address if you'd like a scan of the Safari sales brochure.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom