Ebay bucks 10% back until 6/5 - for selected members maybe?

katiedaddy

Mu-43 Regular
Not sure if every member gets it but ebay is currently offering 10% ebay bucks on purchases over $250.
So those who are looking to purchase either lens or camera body can benefit from this kickback from ebay.
I am personally debating to pick up Sony A6000 for $539 ($599 - $60 in ebay bucks).

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I got one of these a while back and used it for some Ski boots. Nice little bonus....but haven't see one lately

taz98spin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I accumulated $185 dollars worth of ebay bucks, but forgot to use them before they expired :mad:

Search

Mu-43 Regular
I do not know if I should thank you or curse you. This might just push me over the edge and buy that $800+ lens I have been lusting over. This occurs one day after purchasing the Sigma 60.

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for pointing out this program - had not heard of it before and I do a fair bit of Ebay buying. :smile:

I don't see the 10% offer after signing up, but I will keep an eye open for it...

ibcj

Mu-43 Regular
I'm seeing my usual 2%. I'm glad that some people are seeing the 10%. I still remember the gold old days up to 20% for using Microsoft Bing search engine to get to ebay scored some nice cash back. Good news is that I'm not tempted to spend money. :)

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I'm seeing my usual 2%. I'm glad that some people are seeing the 10%. I still remember the gold old days up to 20% for using Microsoft Bing search engine to get to ebay scored some nice cash back. Good news is that I'm not tempted to spend money. :)

Ah yes, that's what pushed me over the the EP1 and eventually into M43 full time.

Search

Mu-43 Regular
I am seeing 10% on buy it now items but not auction items. Spent $800 and counting.

AlexP

Mu-43 Rookie
selected member only. I got one 6 months ago. At the time, there is nothing for me to purchase so it expired.

madmaxmedia

Mu-43 Veteran

Oh man those were the days, I think it went as high as 25 or 30% sometimes. People were using it to churn and re-sell stuff to make money. IIRC sometimes you had to search for different terms on Bing to get the best possible cashback offer. I don't think that promotion went too well for Microsoft.

DaveInPA

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
Oh man those were the days, I think it went as high as 25 or 30% sometimes. People were using it to churn and re-sell stuff to make money. IIRC sometimes you had to search for different terms on Bing to get the best possible cashback offer. I don't think that promotion went too well for Microsoft.

I bought my Sigma 70-200/2.8 lens on eBay and was able to combine the Bing 25% discount and an eBay 10% discount on the purchase.

humzai

Mu-43 Veteran
yeah bing cashback was amazing for me amazingly stupid for microsoft. Bing Maps is cool (birdseyeview) but that's the only and very limited at that use I have for the search engine.10% would be nice but I am glad I didn't get it. I 'd seriously consider buying the 300mm 2.8 and thats just not worth the cash, the 300mm 4 is what I need, I doubt the 300mm 2.8 would suit my birding needs vs a cdaf optimized and much fast focusing modern design. That's not to even consider how much smaller and lighter the f4 lens will be.

MaK543

Mu-43 Regular
I keep getting these 10% eBay Bucks offers. This is the 4th time this year already. I was gonna let it expire until I saw a LINB 12-40 at decent price...
Hopefully PL 15mm will become available when I can use the credit in July. :rolleyes:

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
Where do you check for if you have any discount available?
I'm a eBay user for several years with a good amount in purchases by now and I never saw any discount...
Maybe this is only available for selected countries.

madmaxmedia

Mu-43 Veteran
Inactive accounts seem to get the offer more often than active accounts. Obviously they're trying to get inactive users to start using eBay more.

katiedaddy

Mu-43 Regular
Hope someone was able to take advantage of this deal. I was able to score Fuji X-T1 for $950 and now waiting game begins...

Search

Mu-43 Regular
I was able to take advantage of it. I had been active on ebay looking for a Panasonic Gx7 and a Panasonic 12-35 lens. When the discount hit, I was compelled to buy. Actually paypal.com freaked out and put a fraud hold on my account after I bought the lens (international vendor shipped to registered address). I had a frustrating delay in paying for the camera. Of course the camera was bought less than 24 hours after the lens from a different international vendor.

In addition to getting over the shock of my camera spree, I need to plan how to spend those eBay bucks next month. Any suggestions?

PS Originally I had planned to buy the 12-35 lens and buy the camera in 2-3 months. I was thinking that the price of the Gx7 might continue to fall.

Latest threads

Top Bottom