1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Ebay bucks 10% back until 6/5 - for selected members maybe?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by katiedaddy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. katiedaddy

katiedaddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    MD, USA
    Not sure if every member gets it but ebay is currently offering 10% ebay bucks on purchases over $250.
    So those who are looking to purchase either lens or camera body can benefit from this kickback from ebay.
    I am personally debating to pick up Sony A6000 for $539 ($599 - $60 in ebay bucks).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I got one of these a while back and used it for some Ski boots. Nice little bonus....but haven't see one lately

3. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    I accumulated $185 dollars worth of ebay bucks, but forgot to use them before they expired :mad:

4. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I do not know if I should thank you or curse you. This might just push me over the edge and buy that $800+ lens I have been lusting over. This occurs one day after purchasing the Sigma 60.

5. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    How can I tell if I have ebay bucks

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for pointing out this program - had not heard of it before and I do a fair bit of Ebay buying. :smile:

I don't see the 10% offer after signing up, but I will keep an eye open for it...

7. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm seeing my usual 2%. I'm glad that some people are seeing the 10%. I still remember the gold old days up to 20% for using Microsoft Bing search engine to get to ebay scored some nice cash back. Good news is that I'm not tempted to spend money. :)

8. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Ah yes, that's what pushed me over the the EP1 and eventually into M43 full time.

9. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I am seeing 10% on buy it now items but not auction items. Spent $800 and counting.

10. AlexP

AlexP Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 23, 2013
    selected member only. I got one 6 months ago. At the time, there is nothing for me to purchase so it expired.

11. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    Oh man those were the days, I think it went as high as 25 or 30% sometimes. People were using it to churn and re-sell stuff to make money. IIRC sometimes you had to search for different terms on Bing to get the best possible cashback offer. I don't think that promotion went too well for Microsoft.

12. DaveInPA

DaveInPA Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    Dave
    I bought my Sigma 70-200/2.8 lens on eBay and was able to combine the Bing 25% discount and an eBay 10% discount on the purchase.

13. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    yeah bing cashback was amazing for me amazingly stupid for microsoft. Bing Maps is cool (birdseyeview) but that's the only and very limited at that use I have for the search engine.10% would be nice but I am glad I didn't get it. I 'd seriously consider buying the 300mm 2.8 and thats just not worth the cash, the 300mm 4 is what I need, I doubt the 300mm 2.8 would suit my birding needs vs a cdaf optimized and much fast focusing modern design. That's not to even consider how much smaller and lighter the f4 lens will be.

14. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I keep getting these 10% eBay Bucks offers. This is the 4th time this year already. I was gonna let it expire until I saw a LINB 12-40 at decent price...
    Hopefully PL 15mm will become available when I can use the credit in July. :rolleyes:

15. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    Where do you check for if you have any discount available?
    I'm a eBay user for several years with a good amount in purchases by now and I never saw any discount...
    Maybe this is only available for selected countries.

16. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    It's for US resident with Paypal account.

17. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    It's a shame eBay doesn't do those discounts for the rest of the world.

18. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    Inactive accounts seem to get the offer more often than active accounts. Obviously they're trying to get inactive users to start using eBay more.

19. katiedaddy

katiedaddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    MD, USA
    Hope someone was able to take advantage of this deal. I was able to score Fuji X-T1 for $950 and now waiting game begins...

20. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I was able to take advantage of it. I had been active on ebay looking for a Panasonic Gx7 and a Panasonic 12-35 lens. When the discount hit, I was compelled to buy. Actually paypal.com freaked out and put a fraud hold on my account after I bought the lens (international vendor shipped to registered address). I had a frustrating delay in paying for the camera. Of course the camera was bought less than 24 hours after the lens from a different international vendor.

In addition to getting over the shock of my camera spree, I need to plan how to spend those eBay bucks next month. Any suggestions?

PS Originally I had planned to buy the 12-35 lens and buy the camera in 2-3 months. I was thinking that the price of the Gx7 might continue to fall.