Eastern WA & West Montana

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dcbeattie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. dcbeattie

dcbeattie Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 18, 2010
    Pullman, WA
    I joined awhile back.. I bought an EP2 for a smaller everyday camera. My main camera(s) are big Canon 1d MkII and a 1ds MkIII.
    I got an EOS to M4/3 adapter so I can use the odd assortment of manual lens I use on the Canons. I like having interchangeable lenses on my cameras. Anyway I live in Pullman, WA and spend a reasonable amount of time in the Flathead Valley of Montana. Been into photography since high school a million years ago.. Used to do a lot of darkroom stuff, but not in a long time. Digital doesn't leave odd chemical odors about your person. :rolleyes:
    I work at Wash. St. Univ. in an electronic repair shop. Soon (2-3 years) I hope to retire and move to Montana.
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Duke - thanks for your intro and here's an "official" welcome to the board!

Never been to Montana, yet, but loved a summer I spent in Wyoming...riding horses and more. Beautiful country out there! Really glad to have you here.:smile:
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Duke ! Thanks for joining this forum. Enjoy your weekend.
  4. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Aloha Duke......thanks for the intro.....hope it's warming up there in Pullman. You live in such a beautiful area. I have aways wanted to get up to the Palouse to photograph harvest time. Who knows....maybe this year.

Shoot plenty.....I am sure you will enjoy this place.

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Hey Duke,

I'm new here too. I went to school and lived in the western part of WA for many years and some of my best photographs back when I was doing a lot of B&W work were taken over in the Palouse. I've long since lost the negatives but I still have a couple of framed prints up on my study walls. That's beautiful country. Welcome!

6. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

I lived in Missoula for years...a great part of the country. I miss it.
  7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome here.............. cheers from nyc
  8. EasyEd

EasyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Hey All,

Welcome from a Montana native and former Spokanite who almost went to school at Wazoo - Humboldt instead. I still have fond memories of Ferdinands ice cream on a hot July afternoon.