1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Eastern WA & West Montana

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dcbeattie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. dcbeattie

dcbeattie Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 18, 2010
    Pullman, WA
    Hi..
    I joined awhile back.. I bought an EP2 for a smaller everyday camera. My main camera(s) are big Canon 1d MkII and a 1ds MkIII.
    I got an EOS to M4/3 adapter so I can use the odd assortment of manual lens I use on the Canons. I like having interchangeable lenses on my cameras. Anyway I live in Pullman, WA and spend a reasonable amount of time in the Flathead Valley of Montana. Been into photography since high school a million years ago.. Used to do a lot of darkroom stuff, but not in a long time. Digital doesn't leave odd chemical odors about your person. :rolleyes:
    I work at Wash. St. Univ. in an electronic repair shop. Soon (2-3 years) I hope to retire and move to Montana.

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Duke - thanks for your intro and here's an "official" welcome to the board!

Never been to Montana, yet, but loved a summer I spent in Wyoming...riding horses and more. Beautiful country out there! Really glad to have you here.:smile:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Duke ! Thanks for joining this forum. Enjoy your weekend.

4. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Aloha Duke......thanks for the intro.....hope it's warming up there in Pullman. You live in such a beautiful area. I have aways wanted to get up to the Palouse to photograph harvest time. Who knows....maybe this year.

Shoot plenty.....I am sure you will enjoy this place.

R

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Hey Duke,

I'm new here too. I went to school and lived in the western part of WA for many years and some of my best photographs back when I was doing a lot of B&W work were taken over in the Palouse. I've long since lost the negatives but I still have a couple of framed prints up on my study walls. That's beautiful country. Welcome!

-Ray

6. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

I lived in Missoula for years...a great part of the country. I miss it.

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome here.............. cheers from nyc

8. EasyEd

EasyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Hey All,

Welcome from a Montana native and former Spokanite who almost went to school at Wazoo - Humboldt instead. I still have fond memories of Ferdinands ice cream on a hot July afternoon.

-Ed-