1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Early Morning London Skyline with Moon

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Robert Watcher, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

london_cityscape.jpg

---------------

I was out early attempting to shoot the low moon amongst the buildings in downtown London. Once downtown, it was almost impossible to even find the moon - let alone frame it. I drove down side streets until I came upon an area by the main train track - where could finally view the moon - - - mind you the foreground was pretty ugly and the visible buildings weren't the clump of highrises that I wanted.

cityscape.jpg

After capturing a few shots, I noticed how beautiful the out of focus lights were in my viewfinder - and so took a shot manually focused to show the big blobs of blur. This is the shot I used as the base for the art piece above.

cityscape2.jpg

Rob

• Like Like x 3
  2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    :eek::eek: I simple cannot believe this statement, Robert ! You just failed to get home before the sun rose again :biggrin::biggrin:

Nice pic, BTW,
    Rafael

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Very interesting piece! May I ask you to reveal your processing technique? :smile:

4. Robert Watcher

Just printed this image on some watercolour paper - 13"x19" art piece. It turned out great on the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag. Anne had me get right at mounting it for our living room wall. The frame size is 22"x29".

printed.jpg

Rob

5. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Nice!
    Reminds me of a few things at once: first, a "stressed" Polaroid. Next, Dali. And a bit of the hippie years Lava Lamp.

6. Robert Watcher

Cool - - - thanks

Rob

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I'm in awe - the photo was cool enough, but the final matted print is spectacular. That's art. :bravo-009: :bravo-009: :bravo-009: