Early Morning Light (Table at the Beach)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Brian G, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    I love early mornings, particularly when the weather's fine, and the outlook is for a beautiful day.

This was a grab shot, of sorts. It's passed through some editing stages, beginning as a single RAW opened in Photomatix Pro. So some HDR, but only enough to serve the image and the attractive light. After HDR processing, the sky showed some posterization, so I developed a 2nd version using compression only, copied it in under the principal image layer, and painted out the "HDR" sky for a cleaner look.

Let me know what you think - all comments appreciated.

Beach Table at Sunrise by Blueshound250, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 11
  2. acercanto

acercanto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    SW VA, USA
    Very nice! I love the tabletop.

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nice shot. Love the warm colours and subtle blurred background. Looks very peaceful.
  4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    That's nice. Makes me want to be there. The background shows just the right amount of detail. A really enjoyable photograph.
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Lovely photograph Brian...

6. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Thanks, all. It's a pic I kind of liked, but has been "sitting around" for a few months, unloved. I finally got around to paying some attention to it . . .

A little editing brought out more of what I liked about it, I think. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I like something more because I've spent the time on it. Human nature.

7. Wonderful moody shot. BRAVO.
    • Like Like x 1