1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Early Morning Light (Table at the Beach)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Brian G, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    I love early mornings, particularly when the weather's fine, and the outlook is for a beautiful day.

This was a grab shot, of sorts. It's passed through some editing stages, beginning as a single RAW opened in Photomatix Pro. So some HDR, but only enough to serve the image and the attractive light. After HDR processing, the sky showed some posterization, so I developed a 2nd version using compression only, copied it in under the principal image layer, and painted out the "HDR" sky for a cleaner look.

Let me know what you think - all comments appreciated.

Brian

View attachment 162923
    Beach Table at Sunrise by Blueshound250, on Flickr

• Like Like x 11
  2. acercanto

acercanto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    SW VA, USA
    Very nice! I love the tabletop.

Acer

3. Nice shot. Love the warm colours and subtle blurred background. Looks very peaceful.

4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    That's nice. Makes me want to be there. The background shows just the right amount of detail. A really enjoyable photograph.

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Lovely photograph Brian...

6. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Thanks, all. It's a pic I kind of liked, but has been "sitting around" for a few months, unloved. I finally got around to paying some attention to it . . .

A little editing brought out more of what I liked about it, I think. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I like something more because I've spent the time on it. Human nature.

Brian

7. Wonderful moody shot. BRAVO.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.