E5 Mark III on sale for $999

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Grrrrrrrr! I figured it would take MONTHS for the price of the E-M5III to come down (especially for body-only), so I bought one in mid-January. Let me repeat - Grrrrrrr!

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Grrrrrrrr! I figured it would take MONTHS for the price of the E-M5III to come down (especially for body-only), so I bought one in mid-January. Let me repeat - Grrrrrrr!

I thought it might take months too given it took a year for the E-M1X to drop in USA. Seems awfully quick to discount the E-5 Mark III so much.

Maybe the E-1 Mark III - supposedly coming out in February - will discount by early summer.

Real Name
Andrew L
If it was this easy for Olympus to make the decision to drop it in price this much this early, why oh why didn't they just price it more competitively at launch? Seems a bit greedy.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Guess its the price for early adopters.

Could also be an indication as to a somewhat lower initial price-point on the OM-d1 MkIII than the 2-2,2K guesstimates that has been hovering around.

Ranger Rick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rick
Or it may be that they aim to meet some sales/revenue goal by an upcoming date

hoodlum

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I thought it might take months too given it took a year for the E-M1X to drop in USA. Seems awfully quick to discount the E-5 Mark III so much.

Maybe the E-1 Mark III - supposedly coming out in February - will discount by early summer.

I don't remember such a quick price drop in the past. This could be a new trend and might suggest we should wait for a E-M1iii price drop this summer. With the PRO lens prices rising today it looks like Olympus will use cheaper bodies to drive the higher margin lenses.

Real Name
M@
Yep... I knew it would happen. I bought the 5MkIII from Amazon right when it came out. I probably could have waited. I've got a big trip/vacation to London in April, and I wanted to have a new shooter by then, so I went ahead and got it. I didn't want to wait too long for a discount to come along.

I'm a little disappointed that it happened so soon, but oh well, that's life. When they end up releasing a MkIV version, I may wait a bit for discounts on that one. Overall, I'm really happy with the MkIII. It does everything I want it to do, and it does those things well. I'm sure I'll get years of good service out of it!

Real Name
M@
Well, I snagged one, then immediately spent the savings on the grip, and some new SD cards. Olympus is not dumb.

Yeah, I bought the grip just recently. I like the versatility it gives. With the 12-40 and the grip on it, it's got decent heft and feels great. Take the grip off and use either one of the small primes or the 14-42EZ, and it's almost a pocket-sized shooter.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
Really contemplating selling the PEN-F and hopefully my MK1/MK2 for this. I love using the PEN-F, but man, do I miss the bigger magnification (also wondering how the eye relief will be for me). Part of me wants to give fuji a run, though. I have always loved the dedicated aperture/shutter controls.

Latest threads

Top Bottom