1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PM2 Reviewed by DPR

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by drd1135, May 24, 2013.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Hmmm - I really don't see the E-PM2 as being targeted at P&S users which the review continually kept doing. The section on raw files was basically saying - "hey, it does raw, but that'll be a bit complex for people buying this camera". I think they are getting this totally wrong!

To my mind the PM2 is about a small and compact MFT camera that's part of the whole MFT family. The range of lenses and other accessories make this a camera that's so much more than a P&S upgrade.

Nice it got silver though...

3. maflynn

maflynn Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2012
    I've read the review and I see the tie in with P&S. The PM2 in a sense is like a P&S on steroids. Its extremely small form factor and simple controls provide the general public an easy to use camera. You want to leverage the more powerful aspects of the camera you're free to do so.

I purchased the camera after doing a lot of going back and forth (do I really need to spend 500 on another camera when I have an OMD). After reading posts here and on dpreview plus the review that as recently posted. I felt it was a great compliment to my existing setup. With a prime, its nearly pocketable and seems to be a great small camera with great IQ

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Their view is common, i.e., they correlate the number of explicit physical controls with user experience. When I was using film SLRs, I could control aperture, shutter speed, and iso (ASA in those days) when I changed the film. I could be happy with Av mode, AF-S/MF, and exposure comp.