1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-PM2 kits available today?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Chuck, the website says expected availability today for the E-PM2 kits. Is that still expected? I'm hoping to see that switch to "in stock" any minute now...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Just spoke to our buyer and Olympus's initial promise of 10/12 delivery will not be met. We have no updated info from them and I asked the buyer to check with Oly USA for an update and to full the "Expected availability: October 12 2012" listing on our site down.

I'll let you know what I find out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Whew! Headed to Montreal next week and decided to get a new lens instead of the EPM2. Glad I didn't put my hopes on the new body!

Chuck, great to have you on here communicating with your customers. I love B&H!

• Like Like x 1
  4. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    too bad....I am waiting for the E-PM2 body.

5. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    If it doesn't take too much time I would also be glad about some information of the new Olympus Pen - in my case about the E-PL5. Currently it looks like no shop has any information about a release date while it's already available in japan. I wish Olympus would handle this a bit better.

Thanks,
    Leif

6. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Amazon UK says a dispatch date of 30th October on my pre-order (they are no longer taking any more pre-orders saying product not currently available).

7. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    I've preordered on Amazon Germany on 19th september and still didn't got any date from Amazon :/

One local shop sayed they expected to get the first ones on 5th october - nothing happened. My other local shop got told on photokina that he can expect them on mid october - nothing happened. Both didn't got any new information. Now I'm so far that I'm thinking about an import from somewhere. Procamerashop.co.uk has some in stock in uk, but they only ship to uk and ireland. My only option would be the digitalrevstore in hongkong which ships them already as well - but still have to get some feedback from olympus about the warranty. Usually Olympus says on its website that they give 1 year warranty wolrdwide, so it shouldn't matter if the product was supposed to be sold in europe or not.

I wouldn't be so impatient if I wouldn't already have sold my old camera system :( :) Trusted the date I got from one shop too much.

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  9. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    Here in Germany they also sell the E-PL5 since a week. So far there are just a few units around and mostly in smaller shops, but at least it' s available. Looks like Olympus is supporting the smaller shops what I absolutely like.