E-PM1: Stuck Pixel and Blue Light

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by marko, Dec 25, 2011.

1. marko

marko Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2011
    Got my e-pm1 for Christmas. I love it. Been using my panny 20mm and oly 45mm. Very pleased with the results.

Two questions.

1. I have a stuck pixel right smack dab in the middle of the LCD. Damn it's driving me crazy. It's so small and I can't see it all the time - but I am considering exchanging it with Amazon. Am I crazy?

2. Is there any way to disable this laser blue light on the top of the camera?

-B

2. atomic

atomic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    1. You're not crazy, and it's worth calling amazon to see what they'll do for you.
    2. Electrical tape.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    1. Setup => Sprockets => Utility => Pixel Mapping
    Although, if you have to do this right after buying the camera, I would exchange it. ;) 

2. Electrical tape.
    Yes, it is overly bright isn't it?

4. marko

marko Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2011
    Ned, I thought the pixel mapping was for a dead or stuck pixel in the sensor.

This is just a stuck pixel on the LCD, not something registering in my photos.

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    brand new camera...I would exchange it. The blue light is a bit bright. Electrical tape isn't a bad idea.

6. marko

marko Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2011
    You all have convinced me to exchange it. Should be easy through amazon.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Ah, I see. :)  Yes, I thought you were talking about a pixel on the sensor. Pixel Mapping won't help for the LCD. For that you should definitely exchange the camera. If you have a problem with a liquid crystal, it can spread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.