1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PM1 pricing now official at $499 US

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by krugorg, Aug 25, 2011.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    (...and 449 UK) 43 Rumors posted this and reported shipments would be begin September 30.

43 Rumors | Blog | Olympus E-PM1 pricing announced

After playing around with the E-PL3, I have to think this guy is going to feel tiny. I am very curious to see what they have done with the interface to make it work with the single control wheel and whether they will have novice and advanced user options.

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I guess my thread (e-pm1-listed-uniquephoto-499-kit-lens) wasn't official enough! haha, kidding.

I would have debated between the pm1 and pl3 forever if the pm1 were listed at $599/kit, but at $499 there is no debate. I want the smallest possible, and won't worry myself with control on this body; it is a perfect pair with the g3, and the 14mm will fit on there just right!

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    e-pm1 is asking to put Panny 14mm on it. Black or silver?

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Purple? It would be a tiny, powerful package with the 14mm.

Paul, yeah you definitely had early find with the Unique Photo product listing. :biggrin: This was just the first time I had seen it coming from Olympus.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    At the msrp even, if you're not interested in the kit lens that makes it about a $350 proposition (which will likely be my stance, I'll have to debate which kit lens to keep, it or the panny 14-42, but in reality I'll probably never use either).