E-PM1 L-Bracket and/or baseplate

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by shrimp123, Apr 15, 2012.

1. shrimp123

shrimp123 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Hi

I am looking for suggestions for a L-Bracket and/or a camera baseplate for my epm1. I would prefer a arca/Swiss/rrs type to fit my monopod&tripod

Thanks in advance
    S

2. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I have a Sunwayfoto DPL-02 universal L plate for my E-PM1. It is too big for the tiny E-PM1 (as all universal plates will be) but it functions as it should, and works with Arca Swiss compatible clamps. The plate does cover the battery/card door.

I contacted Really Right Stuff about a dedicated L plate for the E-PM1 but they will not be producing one. Seems that one of the various universal plates is the only option.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    A better solution might be to use a small plate on the camera itself (such as the kirk pz-130, which is a great solution for any m4/3 cameras), then use a generic l-plate in conjunction with a quick release mounted directly onto the l-plate itself. This would add another $50 or so (generic quick release and the kirk plate will both run about $25 or so via ebay).

It would look something like this, minus the panning base (and obviously a smaller L bracket of your choosing/build!). The kirk pz-130 is also shown below on a gf-1, it did fit similarly on the pm1 that I had awhile back - by using one of the slots for the screw it was able to be mounted without obstructing the battery door.

PXK53235.

IMGP0422.JPG

4. shrimp123

shrimp123 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks a lot, pxpaulx. That picture has almost convinced me. For now, I will try without a l-plate.
    S