E-PM1 L-Bracket and/or baseplate

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by shrimp123, Apr 15, 2012.

1. shrimp123

shrimp123 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Hi

I am looking for suggestions for a L-Bracket and/or a camera baseplate for my epm1. I would prefer a arca/Swiss/rrs type to fit my monopod&tripod

Thanks in advance
    S

2. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I have a Sunwayfoto DPL-02 universal L plate for my E-PM1. It is too big for the tiny E-PM1 (as all universal plates will be) but it functions as it should, and works with Arca Swiss compatible clamps. The plate does cover the battery/card door.

I contacted Really Right Stuff about a dedicated L plate for the E-PM1 but they will not be producing one. Seems that one of the various universal plates is the only option.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    A better solution might be to use a small plate on the camera itself (such as the kirk pz-130, which is a great solution for any m4/3 cameras), then use a generic l-plate in conjunction with a quick release mounted directly onto the l-plate itself. This would add another $50 or so (generic quick release and the kirk plate will both run about $25 or so via ebay).

It would look something like this, minus the panning base (and obviously a smaller L bracket of your choosing/build!). The kirk pz-130 is also shown below on a gf-1, it did fit similarly on the pm1 that I had awhile back - by using one of the slots for the screw it was able to be mounted without obstructing the battery door.

PXK53235.jpg

IMGP0422.JPG

4. shrimp123

shrimp123 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks a lot, pxpaulx. That picture has almost convinced me. For now, I will try without a l-plate.
    S

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.