1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-PM1 kit $484.99 shipped at JR! In stock!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Art, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Congrats!!!

The EPM1 has a touch screen right?

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    No touchscreen

4. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    If you have Bank of America, you can get a further 4% discount through cash back awards. I used this last year to buy my E-PL1 from them so i know it works.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    You don't need BofA and you can get up to 5%.

Cashback Watch - Cashback Comparison

6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    You know what? The E-PM1 is a pretty cool little camera. It looks better to me every time I look at it. Yes, it has fewer external controls than the E-P3 and maybe even the E-PL1/2. But it looks very easy to use. In fact, I suspect that for the kinds of subjects most of us would use it for, just turning it on Intelligent Auto or maybe Aperture Priority will be fine. I just wish the flash was built in like the E-PL1/2. But even that isn't a deal-breaker.

$499 or slightly less with the latest (and fastest-focusing) version of Oly's kit 14-42mm lens. Maybe even less by the time we get to Christmas. E-PM1 or GF-3? I'm betting both auto-focus and high-ISO performance is very similar. So, really, it's a matter of form factor and personal preference. For me, it would be an easy choice to opt for Oly's VF-3 EVF instead of the larger, more-expensive VF-2. I could see picking up this camera in order to have IBIS for when I want to do indoor photography with my Panny 20mm f/1.7.

It was - what? - two or three years ago that my LX3 was introduced at the same price. Nice job, Oly!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.