E-PM1 kit $484.99 shipped at JR! In stock!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Art, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010

The EPM1 has a touch screen right?
  3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    No touchscreen
  4. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    If you have Bank of America, you can get a further 4% discount through cash back awards. I used this last year to buy my E-PL1 from them so i know it works.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    You don't need BofA and you can get up to 5%.

Cashback Watch - Cashback Comparison
  6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    You know what? The E-PM1 is a pretty cool little camera. It looks better to me every time I look at it. Yes, it has fewer external controls than the E-P3 and maybe even the E-PL1/2. But it looks very easy to use. In fact, I suspect that for the kinds of subjects most of us would use it for, just turning it on Intelligent Auto or maybe Aperture Priority will be fine. I just wish the flash was built in like the E-PL1/2. But even that isn't a deal-breaker.

$499 or slightly less with the latest (and fastest-focusing) version of Oly's kit 14-42mm lens. Maybe even less by the time we get to Christmas. E-PM1 or GF-3? I'm betting both auto-focus and high-ISO performance is very similar. So, really, it's a matter of form factor and personal preference. For me, it would be an easy choice to opt for Oly's VF-3 EVF instead of the larger, more-expensive VF-2. I could see picking up this camera in order to have IBIS for when I want to do indoor photography with my Panny 20mm f/1.7.

It was - what? - two or three years ago that my LX3 was introduced at the same price. Nice job, Oly!
    • Like Like x 1