1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PM1 does wedding (with the help of Oly 45mm)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Art, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I attended a wedding last week and brought my E-PM1 and newly arrived (right on time) Oly 45mm lens. I also brought a little bag with E-PL2, Panny 20mm, 14mm and Oly 14-150mm. I didn't need anything else but E-PM1 + Oly 45mm so I brought the bag back to my car and enjoyed the ceremony. It's a killer combo! I took tons of pics and these aren't even the best ones but the only ones I feel comfortable posting online w/o permission. This was a high budget wedding and the couple hired a produciton company consisting of a team of photographers, videographes, make up artists, etc. All jpegs, with Auto Tone applied to some. I did shoot Raw+JPG but ended up using raw w/LR editing only for a few very special ones (again, don't feel comfortable posting those). All shots are wide open at f1.8 (w/ND filter). I have yet to try any other aperture with this lens. C&C are welcome!

P.S. On the last picture, when I did pixel peeping at home, I realized that the woman in the background is shooting w/Pana G2:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. hamadiscool

hamadiscool Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    Awesome pics and a lovely couple!

3. The colours come out very nicely.

Call me crazy for suggesting this, but I wonder if a couple of the images might benefit from being shot at an aperture smaller than f/1.8. Bear in mind though that based on the evidence in the sample image thread, I'm not entirely sure if the 45/1.8 even has an aperture setting less than f/1.8 :tongue:

(ducks, runs for cover...)

4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Very nice, but it beats me how people are managing to shoot at F1.8 in bright daylight all the time with this lens without running out of shutter speed? I've tried wandering around with the 20mm set a F1.7 and constantly get the flashing warning signals from the camera...

5. I just wish that I had purchased shares in an ND filter manufacturer before the 45/1.8 was released...

6. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    With ND filter

7. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    A polarizer can also cut back a couple of stops.

Fred

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    +1

9. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Polarizer won't be enough to shoot wide open in the sun. Also, I don't like to shoot portraits with polarizer cause it messes up skin tones.