E-PL8, LX10 info leaked.. [43rumors, FT5]

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Nathanael, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
  2. grog

grog Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 30, 2015
    I just looked at the alleged information for the LX10 and some of the specs does make it tempting to buy. According to the measurements it's even smaller than the ZS100 which would make it a great pocketable travel option.

I was hoping for some longer reach on the tele side of things but maybe that's where the LX15 will come in, if such a camera exists.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If LX10 is real, I'm extremely interested.

4. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Can't wait for the full specs (dimension, weight, focus bracketing? etc)! I want to replace my GM1 with the E-PL8.

5. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

1" sensor...??? < Hack, Spit! >

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

F1.4 zoom!

7. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Yeah but on a 1" sensor...? Then it blows out to f/2.8 at full stick... :shakehead:

Maybe if it was f/1.2 constant... :hiding:

8. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Unless E-PL8 is offering anything new besides looks (IMO aiming for that PEN-F old school look), i don't see the need for it. But the good news is that E-PL7 is going to be cheaper, and it's a really solid camera. Both are, of course, a step up from the GM1 in terms of handling.

9. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I'm also interested in the LX10, it looks like it could be a pocket GX85 + 12-32 or GM1 + 12-32 with a tilt and touch screen.

Are the pictures of the PL8 really what it will be? If so why didn't they upgrade the flash and dump the port? Just to keep the EVF option? While I'm not really looking at one I think I'd rather the better flash than add an EVF. IMHO

10. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    I hope the EPL-8 is thinner and less bulky; the EPL-7 is a horrible shape ( and very plasticy).

Saw a lot of EPL5/6/7s when I went to Japan recently, The pen series is really popular there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    The only thing i miss in the E-PL7 as oppose to the E-PL5 is the possibility to add the MCG-2 grip. Even with smaller lenses and my girlish hands, i miss the grip. I'd definitely not call it plasticky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Full-frame and APS-C people say the same kind of thing about micro four thirds. It hasn't stopped us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    LX10 is interesting.. It's slimmed down a lot from LX100 and I hope inevitable lens corrections improved too.
    It's pretty much following Sony RX100 success, will see if they price it right.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  14. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I don't get the E-PL8. I mean, yes, it looks different. But with seemingly no changes to functionality, who is going to get one vs. the older (and cheaper) E-PL7?

15. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Think of it like an 12-36/f2.0-4.0 zoom for M4/3.

...except that 1" sensors perform better than equivalence would indicate (just as M4/3 and APS-C sensors perform better per-area than FF). So maybe more like a 12-36/f1.8-3.5 in terms of image quality, if not DoF.

Doesn't sound bad to me. The short range is kind of a bummer, though. My interest will largely be predicated on price point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    I was wondering this too, but I see now that it is smaller by a fair margin. Not quite to the size of the GM series, but it does have a tilting screen unlike those cameras.

17. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

And a proper mechanical shutter that goes up to 1/4000s with decent flash sync speed, along with IBIS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Yeah yeah... but now I have the moral high ground and it's a good place to site my artillery... :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    Of course of course. Sometimes I take for granted all the stuff that comes "standard" with the Oly line.

20. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Okay Panasonic, now expand your LX line. LX10 is a smaller sensor like the LX7 and previous models, LX100/LX200 could continue in a larger form factor with larger sensor, and please oh please release a single focal length fixed lens version with a flat form factor!

• Agree Agree x 1