E-PL5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by johnnyt8, Dec 11, 2013.

1. johnnyt8

johnnyt8 New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2013
    U.S.
    I already have a panny gx1 but im not too fond of the touchscreen on it. Would it be worth the money to upgrade to the e-pl5 or are they too much alike in terms of IQ?

2. johnnyt8

johnnyt8 New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2013
    U.S.
    whoops wrong thread

3. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Even though its the wrong thread...The E-PL5 does take a nice step ahead of the GX1 in many lighting conditions but not most. I have owned both and I preferred the GX1 user interface. I prefer the Olympus OOC jpegs but you can tweak the in camera GX1 engine to emulate Olympus output.

Frankly I miss something about the GX1 that I can't quite explain. I just liked it. I wish it had more dynamic range. The E-PL5 has excellent dynamic range and the classic Olympus jpeg colors. It also has the tilting LCD which I love.

Sorry if that doesn't help much but, that's my take on things in a nutshell.
    Dan

4. johnnyt8

johnnyt8 New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2013
    U.S.
    i will probably keep both for a little to compare and then sell the one i can do without. thanks for your input

5. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Mu-43 Rookie

May 9, 2013
    Belfast N.Ireland
    Before I bought my E-PL5 I was considering the GX1.
    I liked the look of it, the grip and the way it felt in hand was all good, then the E-PL5 came out. After reading reviews etc I decided to go for it, was it a wrong decision, no. The I.Q. is fantastic and "super control panel" makes it a lot easier to use.